Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

So if you or me were to watch it in person (as a bystander) it would appear to be on the up and up but under closer step motion on the DVD you can see the driver throw the sp800 handlebars to on side to run up the mud pit wall and slow it down to give the Bomb the time advantage and who knows what else was done in the other edited (light on /off) clips.
>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah.....OK. I'm sure the Polaris, Kawi and Honda legal departments will have a ball with this one huh? Face the facts, the SP comes close but does not quite match up with the BRP 800. Whine, cry foul all you want, those are the facts, like it or not. They faked the drag race huh?

Why doesn't Polaris or Kawi do a challenge of their own then? Maybe they can prove BRP wrong and force them to remove that infomercial?? Highly unlikely.

Let me get this straight. A multibillion dollar corporation like BRP is gonna invest millions into a new ATV then "fix" a demonstration video to try and trick the general public? I guess its that old saying "if you can't run with the big dogs, accuse them of cheating".

Old 09-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

its just power demenstration, and you cant damage your motor by over pulling it, all you'd do is stall it out of it got too strenious

and quads like the Sportsman 800 are built to pull just over 1500 pounds from the factory, however, weve had some videos posted on here were SP800's have pulled well over 8000 pounds
>>>>>>>>>>>

You can't damage your engine by overloading it? Hey, if someone wants to plunk down 9K for a new quad then go around pulling 8K lb objects, more power to them.........Probalby have more money then brains anyway. Can't imagine the transmissions hold up too well under this kind of strain.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

hey carider the drag the polaris was in 2 wheel drive look at it

and there is no doubt the bomb is faster or what not

do all us polaris guys a favor and move back on over to your honda forum

thanks

Old 09-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Range Rover

so in my opion ifthe bomb want to be fair and use weight in the pull why not in any of the other races lets see it rum the salom course with the weight or the drag or the mud pit it would have no chance if they want to go even up then that would only be fair. and if you want speed i will race the bomb 800 with my scrambler for titels if he wants thats with 26's on it to i can beat my brothers kawi 700 with no problem

Old 09-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone here think if Polaris, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Arctic Cat, Suzuki, or Billy Bobs ATVs produced a video that the results wouldn't make their product look good?

So, I ask this question again. Why the pissing match over brands?

I have ridden several SP800s, and I own the BRP 800. I can tell you factually, it is faster and it handles better, while the SP800 is smoother. I, along with everyone else not entering into sled pulls, could care less how much weight they pull on a pulling sled. Both machines made it through the mud bog, so WHO CARES!!?!!??

Old 09-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

I for one 05PRED500 would just like to know the truth. Maybe every video for every manufactuer is tilted a little bit for themselves, but this one looks more tricky than others. So, let us get to the bottom of this. And yes, you can clearly see that the SP800 was in 2wd. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
----------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (Green)
'27 ITP 589 M/S Tires
3000lb. Warn Winch

2001 Honda Rancher ES (Green)
2.5 Warn Winch
(FOR SALE)

Old 09-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

If you think a bunch of yahoos (me included) on the internet are going to get to the bottom of it, go for it. I just can't stand the bashing of other brands, especially from people that have not even seen, much less riden some of the products in the shootout.

I have no problem if people go about it with a little respect (like you). I may like a product better than another, but I will never bash it. The people that make comments like "Polaris is a piece of crap" or "Honda sucks" are just idiots.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

So, I ask this question again. Why the pissing match over brands?

I have ridden several SP800s, and I own the BRP 800. I can tell you factually, it is faster and it handles better, while the SP800 is smoother. I, along with everyone else not entering into sled pulls, could care less how much weight they pull on a pulling sled. Both machines made it through the mud bog, so WHO CARES!!?!!??
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

Well said.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaRider67
So if you or me were to watch it in person (as a bystander) it would appear to be on the up and up but under closer step motion on the DVD you can see the driver throw the sp800 handlebars to on side to run up the mud pit wall and slow it down to give the Bomb the time advantage and who knows what else was done in the other edited (light on /off) clips.
>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah.....OK. I'm sure the Polaris, Kawi and Honda legal departments will have a ball with this one huh? Face the facts, the SP comes close but does not quite match up with the BRP 800. Whine, cry foul all you want, those are the facts, like it or not. They faked the drag race huh?

Why doesn't Polaris or Kawi do a challenge of their own then? Maybe they can prove BRP wrong and force them to remove that infomercial?? Highly unlikely.

Let me get this straight. A multibillion dollar corporation like BRP is gonna invest millions into a new ATV then "fix" a demonstration video to try and trick the general public? I guess its that old saying "if you can't run with the big dogs, accuse them of cheating".
I don't really care either, just trying to point some facts out. They all have their clips on their own sites to make em look good.
I already stated I know the BRP is faster and a better "sport" utility.
How many infomercials do you totally believe? It is now on OLN.

Jim

Old 09-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

I don't really care either, just trying to point some facts out. They all have their clips on their own sites to make em look good.
I already stated I know the BRP is faster and a better "sport" utility.
How many infomercials do you totally believe? It is now on OLN.

Jim
>>>>>>>>>

While parts of this video might be subjective, I think the gap between these machines is fairly small, mostly boiling down to preference and possibly the price (B/F $1,000 cheaper then BRP or Polaris).

Again, its an informative commercial, it doesn't come straight out and say the Outlander is a much superior machine, it simply provides some pretty good visual evidence so a consumer may come to their own conclusions. The video isn't all about the drag race, pull, mud bog...it also does an excellent job of explaining some of the Outlander only unique features of this ATV. There is a great demonstration of the Viso-loc system, clearly this can't be challenged. There are also some great demonstrations of the TTI IRS on the Outlander, hard to argue anyone has a BETTER set up then this. The SST frame is a great innovation that others should consider. Nobody can question the reliability of the Rotax engines.

Quick Reply: Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!