Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

Originally posted by: 300ex90
screw that brp piece a crap... its prbly fixed in the pull i bet the polaris wasnt even in low.. i had a 600twin and it ran atleast 65 and it pulled like a beast
Seriously.. one of the last times i rode my 400 xplorer on the asphalt i hit 120kmph.. i think thats around 75mph. I didn't know i could go that fast with it.. was pretty well balanced too.. but at around 110kmph theres not much acceleration going on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 05PRED500
Originally posted by: spyder6
OK...I am back from the BRP dealer with the new 800 in tow. I have only had a short time to ride and I am not going to completely dog it until after break-in. I have ridden the SP800 numerous times and there is a VERY noticible difference in acceleration in low and high gear. I can't speak about pulling yet, but if my *** dyno is working, I am going to assume that the results in the video are pretty accurate which only makes sense given the HP and torque numbers.

Now, the biggest difference for me is handling and feel. This is very subjective, so take it as you will. The SPs have the absolute smoothest suspension of anything that I have ridden including the Outy 800. However, the Outy is very close in comfort. The handling isn't even close. The Outy turns with far less roll and much more precision. It feels much sportier, yet retains a lot of cruising comfort. BRP has done a great job with suspension. I also like the ergos on the BRP as much as the Sportsman, which I really like.

Another very noticable difference is how smooth the Rotax engine runs. This isn't a surprise to me since I have owned a couple of Seadoos. Build quality is excellent with all pieces fitting together very well. There are no rattles at all although we'll see after I get some time on the hour meter. It is also impressive that they kept the 3 year warranty with a first year bike.

I can certainly see why Quad magazine ranked the BRP #1 and the Sportsman #1.5.

what color?

your going to have to change your profile now! btw, if you would have waited a month, you could have bought one from Jermey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Where you been man? I was waiting for you to pop up and give me a hard time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jeremy isn't going to get BRP until the first of the year. My Predator is on his lot for sale right now and I guess I'll take the 700 up there as well unless one of my buddies wants a good deal. I will take the Outty up there so he can compare them side by side. Did he mention that I created a few logos for him with the new new name. PM you email address and I'll send it over to you to see what you think.

new new name eh? i may have to whip out my photoshop CS and up you one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] my email is spyder6@gmail.com send away, yummy google will filter the spam [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

and as for the 700, wait a week or 2, im takeing my 800 up there on saterday to be put on consignment untill the 06 predetors come in and i can pick up my TLD. i havnt been up there since last friday, but i'll probebly end up there tommarow after noon to bug him some more about checking the truck roster on what things are onboard [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i really dont want to trade my 800 in, i love it so dearly, but its just not sporty enough for what i do, atleast we'll still have the 500 h.o. but it just wont be the same.

if you are around la grange tommarow afternoon around 4:00, stop by waynes, i'll be there BSing Jermey to death [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Well i have not been on here in a while but just seen that video and i am pretty sure that the video displays false information as far as the raceing goes. AAgh why am i trying to sound smart, that race was bs and polaris could beet all of them and i no it, it is prooven.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer

I know its a whole bunch of BS like in the mud bog rider fault hitin the bank... and in pullin they had to be in high gear.. and goin over that bar they left polaris out cause there awd system when u have it in all 4tires spin... when splipin is detected

Old 09-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bretman
Well i have not been on here in a while but just seen that video and i am pretty sure that the video displays false information as far as the raceing goes. AAgh why am i trying to sound smart, that race was bs and polaris could beet all of them and i no it, it is prooven.
Where is it "proven"?

EVERY article that I have read has the BRP 800 as quicker. It only makes sense. It is lighter, has more horespower and torque. Since I just bought one, I will certainly drag someone with an 800 once I break it in. Spyder has an 800 (for now) and we live close. The Polaris dealer that he and I both buy from is becoming a BRP dealer at the beginning of next year, but I am sure he would accomodate a test for the fun of it.

Why in the world does everyone have their panties in a wad? The Polaris products are excellent products and that didn't change because of some stupid video.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

OK...I am back from the BRP dealer with the new 800 in tow. I have only had a short time to ride and I am not going to completely dog it until after break-in. I have ridden the SP800 numerous times and there is a VERY noticible difference in acceleration in low and high gear. I can't speak about pulling yet, but if my *** dyno is working, I am going to assume that the results in the video are pretty accurate which only makes sense given the HP and torque numbers.

Now, the biggest difference for me is handling and feel. This is very subjective, so take it as you will. The SPs have the absolute smoothest suspension of anything that I have ridden including the Outy 800. However, the Outy is very close in comfort. The handling isn't even close. The Outy turns with far less roll and much more precision. It feels much sportier, yet retains a lot of cruising comfort. BRP has done a great job with suspension. I also like the ergos on the BRP as much as the Sportsman, which I really like.

Another very noticable difference is how smooth the Rotax engine runs. This isn't a surprise to me since I have owned a couple of Seadoos. Build quality is excellent with all pieces fitting together very well. There are no rattles at all although we'll see after I get some time on the hour meter. It is also impressive that they kept the 3 year warranty with a first year bike.

I can certainly see why Quad magazine ranked the BRP #1 and the Sportsman #1.5.

what color?

your going to have to change your profile now! btw, if you would have waited a month, you could have bought one from Jermey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Where you been man? I was waiting for you to pop up and give me a hard time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jeremy isn't going to get BRP until the first of the year. My Predator is on his lot for sale right now and I guess I'll take the 700 up there as well unless one of my buddies wants a good deal. I will take the Outty up there so he can compare them side by side. Did he mention that I created a few logos for him with the new new name. PM you email address and I'll send it over to you to see what you think.

new new name eh? i may have to whip out my photoshop CS and up you one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] my email is spyder6@gmail.com send away, yummy google will filter the spam [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

and as for the 700, wait a week or 2, im takeing my 800 up there on saterday to be put on consignment untill the 06 predetors come in and i can pick up my TLD. i havnt been up there since last friday, but i'll probebly end up there tommarow after noon to bug him some more about checking the truck roster on what things are onboard [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i really dont want to trade my 800 in, i love it so dearly, but its just not sporty enough for what i do, atleast we'll still have the 500 h.o. but it just wont be the same.

if you are around la grange tommarow afternoon around 4:00, stop by waynes, i'll be there BSing Jermey to death [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I will try to make it up there. I would like to meet you in person. BTW, you should try to get your dad to keep the 800 and sell the 500!! That sounds reasonable to me.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

now thats thinkin!!!! just picture the pred and 800 sitting side by side [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2005, 08:25 AM
2c3
Pro Rider

i dont think it hurts yall so much that you cant beat the brp 800. i think its because it cant even beat out the brute force 750. i have the test in my dirtwheels mag where the brute force 750 out drags the polaris 800 time and time again. now why would it be so hard to believe that a true 800cc engine and a lighter chasis would outrun the 800 polaris. ill give you the one on the mud run. that test rider tried his best to stop the polaris 800 by runing it in to the bank but he couldnt. there all three great machines with great torc. but polaris fell short on top end

Old 09-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

As a past Polaris owner myself,I can easily see how these results are accurate..Polaris 4x4 ATVs are fat,overweight pigs when compared to their counterparts of equal engine size..The results were run by an independant testing agency for accuracy,however,if paid enough $$,ANYONE can be swayed to rig the competetition..I rode ALL of these ATVs and the video is very easy for me to believe.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Range Rover

the girl has me out in front. oops i mean the girl is out in front in my opinion. lol

Quick Reply: Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!