Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

First off its on the Bombardier website so of course its rigged. Do you really believe they are going to show their "newest" machine getting beat doing anything. I mean cmon lets be real, thats no way to sell anything. Dont get me wrong the Rotax engines are provin to be well made and powerful. I have 2 Rotax powered sleds and love the motors. But to think the videos are not rigged is just ignorant! So they tried to show they were legit by letting their 400 lose a race to a BIGGER atv, what a joke. Go to each manufactures website and tell me they dont claim to be better than everyone else! Their was a post just a few days ago that said the Bombardier was a pos in a sled pull. As for Drag races, buy a sport atv, jeez I have never had my sportsman over 30. Who cares buy an ATV that you like and ride the **** out of it!!!!

Old 09-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Agree with the above!

Old 09-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer

I have owned both Bombardier and Polaris ATV's, they are both excellent ATV's. I currently own a 2006 Polaris 800 and it is one sweet machine, I also looked at the 800 Bombardier it too is a sweet machine.

Drag Race - Realistically the Bombardier 800 should beat the Polaris 800 in a drag race due to the lesser weight and more cc's.

Sled Pull - Something wrong there, Both have the power and torque to haul that sled. I don't beleive that the rider on the Polaris pinned the
throttle the same as he did on the Bombardier. (watch the video again for tire spin)

Mud Bog - What a blatant attempt to stop the Polaris 800, that test rider should get the idiot of the year award for that one. He needs to go
to stunt driving school to polish up on how to make it more realistic. The Polaris is a better mudder than the Bombardier no
question about it.

Listen my fellow ATVers both 800's are excellent Atv's and if I could afford it I would like to have both. I do know this if they want to make a proper competition out of this, then Polaris and Bombardier and the other companies should send thier own drivers on stock ATV's to compete. Then we would see a true comparison. Both Polaris and Bombardier owners of the 800 don't get your panties in a knot over this, all companies make video's to ensure thier product looks the best. And like I said before I would own both if I could afford it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Wolfman, that is exactly what I said and I'm glad to see someone else has some sense in here! Best post in here yet.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

PPOPE your comments are very accurate too, it too is an excellent reply with being accurate and unbiased.

Happy trails

Old 09-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

The reason they didn't show the polaris in that little log cross competition is that the polaris would only spin about 1.75 inches where the Bomb spun the tires a couple rotations before the vislok kicked in. Now put the spinning tires on soft sand and see what happens when it takes that long for the "torque transfer to take place". Not bashing Bomb here, I believe that no doubt they are faster ( that's cool, faster is always good). But I'll stick with polaris for now, I like the weight. I do a lot of pulling and pushing. I don't believe the pull was a fair "honest" run.

Old 09-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 05PRED500
Originally posted by: spyder6
Originally posted by: spyder6
OK...I am back from the BRP dealer with the new 800 in tow. I have only had a short time to ride and I am not going to completely dog it until after break-in. I have ridden the SP800 numerous times and there is a VERY noticible difference in acceleration in low and high gear. I can't speak about pulling yet, but if my *** dyno is working, I am going to assume that the results in the video are pretty accurate which only makes sense given the HP and torque numbers.

Now, the biggest difference for me is handling and feel. This is very subjective, so take it as you will. The SPs have the absolute smoothest suspension of anything that I have ridden including the Outy 800. However, the Outy is very close in comfort. The handling isn't even close. The Outy turns with far less roll and much more precision. It feels much sportier, yet retains a lot of cruising comfort. BRP has done a great job with suspension. I also like the ergos on the BRP as much as the Sportsman, which I really like.

Another very noticable difference is how smooth the Rotax engine runs. This isn't a surprise to me since I have owned a couple of Seadoos. Build quality is excellent with all pieces fitting together very well. There are no rattles at all although we'll see after I get some time on the hour meter. It is also impressive that they kept the 3 year warranty with a first year bike.

I can certainly see why Quad magazine ranked the BRP #1 and the Sportsman #1.5.

what color?

your going to have to change your profile now! btw, if you would have waited a month, you could have bought one from Jermey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Where you been man? I was waiting for you to pop up and give me a hard time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jeremy isn't going to get BRP until the first of the year. My Predator is on his lot for sale right now and I guess I'll take the 700 up there as well unless one of my buddies wants a good deal. I will take the Outty up there so he can compare them side by side. Did he mention that I created a few logos for him with the new new name. PM you email address and I'll send it over to you to see what you think.

new new name eh? i may have to whip out my photoshop CS and up you one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] my email is spyder6@gmail.com send away, yummy google will filter the spam [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

and as for the 700, wait a week or 2, im takeing my 800 up there on saterday to be put on consignment untill the 06 predetors come in and i can pick up my TLD. i havnt been up there since last friday, but i'll probebly end up there tommarow after noon to bug him some more about checking the truck roster on what things are onboard [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i really dont want to trade my 800 in, i love it so dearly, but its just not sporty enough for what i do, atleast we'll still have the 500 h.o. but it just wont be the same.

if you are around la grange tommarow afternoon around 4:00, stop by waynes, i'll be there BSing Jermey to death [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I will try to make it up there. I would like to meet you in person. BTW, you should try to get your dad to keep the 800 and sell the 500!! That sounds reasonable to me.
id love to do that, but not with my parents getting divorced, the 500 is worth about 4000 bucks, i only have about 600 dollars saved, and if the 800 dosnt sell to a person some time this coming week, im going to have to use it to get the predetor, my dad cant help me at all on this, even if he could, he could only help me a 1000 bucks, and thats 5000, and the farthest price i can get jermey down on the TLD is 6000, and i want to buy it whole, no payments

lifes a bitch

im takeing the 800 up to waynes tommarow, if you have a miracle on getting rid of this 500 some how without my dad helping, tell me, because id love to know

Old 09-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I really don't think the video was rigged, staged maybe with some bad acting, but why would BRP make a video if it wasn't true? If you lost a sand drag race, would you advertise it? Of course not. What about lawsuits? What happens if the other manufacturers make a similar video and they still can't beat the BRP? I doubt BRP would put themselves in that situation. Like other replies, it's just a drag race or sled pull, put it thru some real issue riding and leave it up to customer preferance. Rigged or not, I think BRP got what they wanted, alot of curious and potential buyers.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wolfman
I have owned both Bombardier and Polaris ATV's, they are both excellent ATV's. I currently own a 2006 Polaris 800 and it is one sweet machine, I also looked at the 800 Bombardier it too is a sweet machine.

Drag Race - Realistically the Bombardier 800 should beat the Polaris 800 in a drag race due to the lesser weight and more cc's.

Sled Pull - Something wrong there, Both have the power and torque to haul that sled. I don't beleive that the rider on the Polaris pinned the
throttle the same as he did on the Bombardier. (watch the video again for tire spin)

Mud Bog - What a blatant attempt to stop the Polaris 800, that test rider should get the idiot of the year award for that one. He needs to go
to stunt driving school to polish up on how to make it more realistic. The Polaris is a better mudder than the Bombardier no
question about it.

Listen my fellow ATVers both 800's are excellent Atv's and if I could afford it I would like to have both. I do know this if they want to make a proper competition out of this, then Polaris and Bombardier and the other companies should send thier own drivers on stock ATV's to compete. Then we would see a true comparison. Both Polaris and Bombardier owners of the 800 don't get your panties in a knot over this, all companies make video's to ensure thier product looks the best. And like I said before I would own both if I could afford it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Perfectly Said!!!!

Bob

Old 09-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

its a bunch of horse **** if you ask me, the BRP dosnt have that much power on the 800 and the kawasaki DEFFENTLY dosnt. ontop of that, its been proved and posted that the 800 beats every single quad available in the sled pull
>>>>>>>>>>

ROFLMFAO......Are you kidding me or did we watch two different videos??

Quick Reply: Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!