Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator LE WAY FASTER w/o Quiet core.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator LE WAY FASTER w/o Quiet core.

Originally posted by: Bradracer18

Also......when are you going to listen to me and get the carb mods by nicholas cycle?? This, along with the twin air filter(and outerware over it)......will make your pred come alive.......this should be #1 on your list. I haven't heard one bad thing about it........
Brad, what's up man, you on a commission plan over there or what? They got to have you on payroll as hard as you're pushin...LOL

Old 10-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScramblerXLE
uh, dude, me and my buddy both can pull the wheels in fifth. you just have to give her a tug right when that DOHC hits the sweet spot. Both he and i can ride forever with the front end high in 5th gear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (a fact which my other YFZ riding freind is quite jelous of, actually)
You missed my point. I too can pull a wheelie in all 5, but getting a holeshot you really don't want the front end coming up too much on ya. Much like pulling a wheelie, there's a sweetspot when holeshoting when you have the perfect combination of power and traction, and for me, that's when the front end is about a foot off the ground while I'm layin over the handlebars tryin to hold her down.

My other point was, removing the core should increase top end, not bottom end.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

im not going to do the carb mods because im going to get a new carb in the long run, becides, i dont want to drop 300 bucks to nicks and send my pretious carb up there just for a few modifications

Old 10-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No guys........I'm not on the pay roll.....but I really do think it is a great mod. I am just pushing it, because you guys think it is a waste of time. He does lots of work to it, including grinding inside it, cutting the coil springs, and much more......this is not just jetting, believe me!!! He allows you to run the stock(race modified) carb with his stage 1 and 2 kits......so why wouldn't you just go with it.......I doubt you guys will ever go beyond stage 2.....

I won't say any more about this, you guys do as you want to.......but if you do end up getting a carb, for god sakes.......just don't get the 450r quad carb, or the eldabrock carb......atleast talk to Doug about carb choice.....he is on the leading edge of predator performance, so you can't go wrong with atleast talking to him......

PM......Raj on the forums.........he had the carb mod done......

Old 10-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

edited by ATV Connection moderator

Old 10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah I know......they are pretty crappy........and very slow........but I'd still wager than mine will beat yours......wether it is mx, xc, or heck even a drag race.......

Old 10-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ive givin up on the CRF450 carb and the edlebrock as im going to stay with the keinin or whatever it is family as ive never had a problem with it. as far as plans, i dont have any yet

as far as the dimwit posting crap. adding mods to the preds do make a difference, and a stock troy lee against a stock raptor660 can beat it weather you like it or not. and the preds with full mods are the fastest quads