Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Tool Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Tool Kit

There are many mods you can do to it.........check out this site www.nicholascycle.com

My suggestion on mods is this.......the nicholas carb mods.....twin air clamp on airfilter......Rath racing head pipe.......rath racing exhaust pipe......

Don't go with the big gun........If you don't like what pipe I said, go with HPD's full system. or HMF's.......both give good gains.

www.rathracing.com

www.hpd-inc.com

Old 10-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Ive had many quads in the past and i think that the predator has the nicest tool kit ive seen

Old 10-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

All Polaris's are like this......our sportsman has a pretty nice one too.......Polaris is really stepping up to the plate in making their customer happy I think.......

Old 10-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer

I found that if you lift the front end off the ground adjusting the front shocks becomes a lot easier.
that K&N air filter gives you some nice throttle response, I would'nt wait till the old one is shot .
good luck on your pred

Old 10-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes.......as said above......jack your quad up to adjust your shocks.......then just loosen the jam nut.....I use a brass punch and a hammer......so I don't ding up the nut or the threads.....It doesn't hurt to spray a tiny bit of wd-40 on the threads too........

Old 10-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Range Rover

I found my toolkit! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It does have the spanner wrench in it. I called up the place that sold me that $8 piece of crap and they said they would take it back.

I like the tire gauge as it measures ever .5 psi in the tire. I was going to replace the cheap made in china crecent with something more sturdy.

I find it hard to believe that the manual doenst say anything about it. Of course the manual doesnt say a lot of things. LOL

Oh yeah and I figured to lift the front end and put it on a stand to take the pressure off. I loosened the jam nut and backed off the spring until it was as loose as possible. Then I measured out the distance for both to ensure they were even; tightened them up and I can feel a lot more play now, not so stiff.

Tires came with 4 PSI in them. Tires didn't have a rating on them, they just said dont go over 25 psi. I figure for my Kenda's I will do 3 psi for the dunes.

Right now I just really want to learn the bike as it is stock, then upgrade what I feel are weaknesses or things that are more my style. I got a buddy with a 2000 DS650 and before he even rode the thing he changed out the carb, exhaust, intake, suspension, air filter, plugs, etc etc.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

On a side note, the 2005 predator manual says nothing about a toolkit and nothing about how to remove the seat. I read through it twice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Get yourself a copy of the service manual for the predator........it is floating around on a cd..........it is the best thing you can have.......lists how to do anything....including motor work.....this is what the polaris mechanics use.......

Old 10-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

You should probably plan to leave it stock until you get many many hours of skill in your pocket. Run 4-5 psi in your paddles until you get a feel for the bike, then you can drop the pressure for more traction and a little better ride.

Take it slow and easy, if you get some butterflies, slow down. If you don't want to try something, don't.

The predator is not the most powerfull quad, but any one of them can hurt you, and hurt bad if you don't pay attention.

Good luck, have fun and keep the rubber side down!

Old 10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Range Rover

I hear ya. I have some good friends that have 20 to 30 years experience riding with me. I trust their judgement from things like oil changes to climbing Oldsmobile. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I'm not one to get too big for my britches. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I mostly enjoy the surfing and desert riding. Bowls and hill climbs are my soft spot and I'll work my way up. I'm in no hurry to die, I got the predator cause I wanted something I could keep for a very long time and grow into, not outgrow.

I appreciate any and all feedback I hear on here as I read through the Polaris forum and new rider forum.

P.S. I never seen a metric and standard crecent wrench like the one in the tool kit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Predator Tool Kit