Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Tool Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Tool Kit

Brad, you said dont get a big-gun, just curious as of why. I have one on my bike (biggun race) With the airforce system airbox mod. I ride mosly trails and some log roads is this a good pipe? Or do you recommend another?
More or less what im saying is would it be worth the money to buy another pipe when i already have one? I pland on sending my carb. to nicholas cycle in the near future when i put my new gas tank and plastics on.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Range Rover

At this time I know zilch about pipes. One friend has a FMF on a 86 Suzuki LT205R and his bike rocks after almost 20 years. Another has a Big Gun on a YZF450 but its a new bike and new pipe so its unproven in our circle.

I figure I might wait until next season for that upgrade since I am still learning the bike and realing from the price tag [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you already have a pipe.......I would not buy another, this is why you should research pipes a lot before buying them and make sure you know what you are looking for in a pipe too(noise, power,etc).......I'd save my money for other mods......then if modded out to the point where you want a better exhaust, then I'd get one.....

I hope you do actually get your carb modded by nicholas cycle......and if you do, tell us what it is like.......so other's know.......

My take on exhausts systems.........(many different routes)

Slip-on exhausts(only the one's I feel are worthy, and worth the money)

#1....Nicholas Cycle Drag pipe......this pipe produces pure power, it is loud and made for racing. No spark arrestor(I believe this pipe is actually made by HMF with Nicholas's design)
#2....HMF Slip on.......Can be loud too.....produces good power gains.....can come in different colors, and carbon fiber....look very nice......spark arrestor
#3....White Bros/Pure Polaris slip on.......Good gains for average rider.....quiet, but good sound......adjustable via plates.....spark arrestor.....looks nice
#3(tie).......Rath Racing slip on........It is a nice looking exhaust....and makes good gains. They spend lots of time on their products, so I know it will produce the numbers.

Full Systems.....(header and slip on exhaust)

#1......Nicholas Cycle Drag pipe with *new Rath Racing header.......This will give you enormous gains.....
#2.......HPD Powermaxx full system.......made for race applications, and will produce hp.......a quite version is also available
#3.....Rath Racing header with slip on from above......header alone is supposed to make 3hp.....and the header is very nice....quality work, no seams.......ceramic coated, or stainless
#3(tie).....HMF full system.......Their full system produces good numbers too......and they make it is carbon fiber too.......they have probably the best looking pipes out there......

There are more out there......and probably some good ones I didn't name, but this is what guys are running, and what guys are winning with. Some of my info might be out of date, but I think it is pretty well correct. All of these exhaust systems are probabably within a 2-3hp of eachother.....so keep that in mind.....but if you want to be at the top, you have to get the best!!!

The big gun exhaust seems to be kinda cheap, and no one really runs it.

Nicholas Cycle
Rath Racing
HPD
HMF

Old 10-14-2005, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you for you extensive and very elaborate response Brad. See i bought the quad with the pipe on it already maybe instead of repacking ill just buy a new one when the time comes. Oh, and i checked for my tool kit today, and i dont have one! grrrr! I dont want to hijack this thread although i do have some questions on the nicholas carb. mod.
so i pmed you brad
thanks
Brad

Old 10-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hudson4269
Originally posted by: hinglbyds
I don't think you have a cresent wrench (cresent wrenches are adjustable ), and once you get your suspension set up, you can remove the spanner wrench. You may want to carry a couple spark plugs. It all depends on personal preferance.
What the hell do you know? You have a DS?????
Don't worry junior, I have an extensive tool kit with my DS.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Since my DS has never failed, the tools are only used on other bikes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Don't be startin crap either, if you do, then go the the Yammy forum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Be nice..............remember who your following around the dunes this weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It's not the style of the bike you ride, it the style in how you ride your bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Just keep the rubber side down![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

It's not the style of the bike you ride, it the style in how you ride your bike Just keep the rubber side down!
very well said

Old 10-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

You can get the Predator Service Manual here

http://www.mudanddirt.com/tech.htm

The complete parts and service manuals are also available on the Polaris website.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Range Rover

I don't think you have a cresent wrench (cresent wrenches are adjustable ), and once you get your suspension set up, you can remove the spanner wrench. You may want to carry a couple spark plugs. It all depends on personal preferance.
Don't worry junior, I have an extensive tool kit with my DS.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Since my DS has never failed, the tools are only used on other bikes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Don't be startin crap either, if you do, then go the the Yammy forum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Be nice..............remember who your following around the dunes this weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It's not the style of the bike you ride, it the style in how you ride your bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Just keep the rubber side down![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
You carry tools to fix other peoples bikes? Who had to put gas into an empty diet coke can from my bike when they ran out at Wash 6? I dont think it was me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Pro Rider

You carry tools to fix other peoples bikes? Who had to put gas into an empty diet coke can from my bike when they ran out at Wash 6? I dont think it was me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Ouch bringing up out of gas stories.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Range Rover

LOL, its all good. He got to stay out there until today, lucky punk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

My next dune trip is Nov 10th thru the 13th.

In that time I need to:
Change the oil & filter
add tools to my tool kit
buy specific tools for my tool kit which includes a 1/2 & 8mm wrench. ( I adjusted my shifter and brake this weekend and guess what, the tool wasnt in the kit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] )
I either need two wrenchs for the whip or drop the $15 - $20 on a quick disconnect cause doing that manually is a pain.

I need to pull my plug and check that cause I think my bike was running lean this weekend at the dunes as my exhaust is sqeaky clean. How hard is it to get to the plug?

Also need to invest in some ramps so I dont get a hernia solo lifting the bike into my truck. LOL

Quick Reply: Predator Tool Kit