Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Tool Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Tool Kit

getting to the plug is seems long, but is quite easy, and gets easier every time.....I can do it in under 3-4 mins......

Take off your front plastic(3 bolts, one in the center up by the bars, and two near the shock area).....disconnect the headlights.......disconnect the fuel line(shut off valve).....remove the larger bolt holding the gas tank on(in the back of the tank).......and you should now have access to the plug........

Old 10-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yea, it looks harder when you look at the manual, but my first time, it took like 10 minutes. Mine was clean as a whistle...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Check out Harbor Freight for the ramps too...They have the steel ones on sale for $39...I don't think you can beat that...

Old 10-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

EXCELLENT! Thank you both!

I saw Pep boys had a ton of loading ramps from $40 to $150. Just depends on how fancy you want, $40 sounds good to me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I took a look at trying to get to the plug Sunday when I adjusted the shifter and rear brake. Let me tell you, when the dunes are 20 yards away, you dont want to do much but ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

These look like a he!! of a deal. If they had that price when I bought, I'd have trifolds right now.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

NICE!!!

So lets talk about Ramps [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

When I go to buy a ramp, what kind of ramps are the best? the straight ones? the ones with the humps? What are they made out of? should they fold over like that tri ramp or fold into then stack?

Old 10-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

HMMM, lots to consider there. Convenience, weight limits and budget being the biggies. I don;t know how high that new truck of yours sits, but the bed in mine is high, so I wish my ramps were longer so I didn't have such a steep incline.

Those aluminum trifolds with a 1500lbs limit will hold up nice, are easy, but are normally pretty pricy. The dual steel ones are cheaper, but can be a pain if you're not used to driving up them into a truck bed, or backing down off them. I haven't done it yet, but understand sliding off the side really sucks.

I don;t know what those humped ones are about. Probably just to increase weight capacity or something. Functionally, I don't thing they do anything for ya.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Range Rover

I'm not too hip on riding up ramps just yet. I would be more then content with just being able to push instead of lifting the dead weight.

So I should measure out from the ground to my tailgate then go shopping for ramps?

My bike has got to weight at least 450 lbs with a full tank of gas in it. Im going ramp shopping this weekend before something else in my back goes pop! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

its not that big of a deal riding up any of them.........the trick is to just stay in 1st gear, and keep a constant speed up them, as to not spin them out(nice to have them connected to your truck by straps).......and then once you get in the truck, get on the brakes.

We have an aluminum bifold set that is 8' long. They work real well, they have little pull type straps(like ratchet straps, but without ratchet)......and they are plenty long.......

Old 10-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

YES...have to have them strapped to the truck so they don't slide out when you pull up.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer

I bought some 2x8'S and some of those end thingy's you bolt to the boards , spent about 20 bucks 8 years ago and they still work great. I put a strap on them to hold them in place while loading and that helped keep them in place. Ceap but yet effective[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Predator Tool Kit