Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Tool Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Tool Kit

I recently bought my very first quad and I have been assembling everything I need to maintain and modify it. Tools, fluids, parts, etc. Well I keep hearing that some sort of tool kit should be hidden on the bike somewhere. I havent gone over it inch by inch and I dont see anything in the manual about it.

Do the 05 Pred's come with a tool kit?

Old 10-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

It's under the seat with a rubber bungy type strap holding it on.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Range Rover

EXCELLENT!!

My next task will be to figure out how to remove my seat! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I guess that is what manuals are for. MUCHOS GRACIAS!!

Old 10-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Dude.............you got some learnin to do. There's a gold colored lever on the right hand side near the back, pull it up and lift the seat slightly, then pull the seat back.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

maybe a predator isn't your best choice for riding......be very careful........it has lots of power, and lots of ways of hurting you!!!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Range Rover

Riding hasnt been the issue. Learning all this new maintenance stuff has been. New types of oil, greases, wet clutches, maintenance schedules, oil changes, etc etc etc.

I can ride the **** outta that bike I just dont know anything about taking care of it myself. LOL

Old 10-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Thats not good. did u buy it from a dealer???if so they should hav gone over the whole bike with u be4 it leaving the dealership. If they didnt do that. Well thats a crappy dealer

Old 10-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Range Rover

They went over all the features and such, but we didnt stand in the dirt lot and do a tear down of the whole bike for something minor like a couple of tools I keep at home. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I just heard bikes came with a tool kit, don't see how that relates to my riding ability. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

So what mods do u hav planned 4 that bad boy????

Old 10-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Range Rover

Well, I just got my sand tires, Kenda Gecko's and Dunerunners. I was hoping to get a K&N air filter once the stock one wears out and and start watching the plugs in case I need to rejet. Phoenix and Glamis are near identical temp wise and only around 800ft elevation difference.

I plan to get a new pipe at some point since its the first big upgrade that I think will benefit. Havent picked one out yet though my buddy loves his Big Gun on his YZF450. I figure almost anything would be better then the stock, so once I get real familar with my bike I'll go from there.

Right now my only complaint was how stiff the front end was so I backed the shocks off some and I'll see how I do this weekend at Glamis. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Note to all, the spanner wrench my local shop sold me for $8 sucked. A flathead screwdriver and hammer did the trick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Are there any other must have upgrades for the predator? I bought it cause out of all the bikes I have looked at the Predator sounded the most reliable OTD.

Quick Reply: Predator Tool Kit