Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How high can you jump a Scrambler?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How high can you jump a Scrambler?

I've built and jumped a ramp on a dare more or less. So many people told me it was too high, too short, and too narrow but I knew better. It's 6 feet long, 3 feet high, and 4 feet wide. I'm a carpenter by trade so it's more than strong enough for the 800+ lbs of a Scrambler and an adult rider. I also have a 1' dirt ramp that I hit and flat land 25' away and a 2' dirt ramp that I land about 5' feet away. The new ramp I really just float off of. I'm flat landing in a muddy field.

I'm just worried about how high I can jump my Scrambler before I hurt it. My new ramp isn't too high for me, but is it too high for my Scrambler?

Old 10-13-2005, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure about how high or far but IMO not as much as a pure hi-perf sport like the Preditor.

I would get a chain tentioner if you dont have one already.

JIm

Old 10-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

I think I found the limits of a scrambler. I have had it 15 feet higher or higher many times on flat landing but it is a hard and you WILL BREAK THE FRAME!!Or you wrist ,like i did last time I jumped my scrammy 15 feet high. I know I have gotten higher but who really is going to be able to tell once your higher then 10 feet, unless you have something to compare the hight next to.the only way I really know how high I've been is because we had A jump that i use to jump all the time and many times I would get slapped by some branches On my helmet. We messured the branches hight off the ground and it was 18 feet up.
You MUST HAVE A TEAM AXLE TO JUMP HIGH ON A SCRAMBLER!!! I broke 6 dura blues ,and 4 stock axles.I have not bent or broke the Team axle tho,and it has seem more air then most small planes.Also I have broken three frames and the last two were gusseted to the max. 10 feet is the highest I'd call, after that you will break your self or the quad or both.One more thing I have after market shocks on my scrammy.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

So 3 feet should be pretty safe.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yae and if u have a landing you can do a lot more as long as u have a nice smooth landin and not just landing flat on land.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Cool. I hope to have a vid of the jumping soon.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the shock on your 05 you might not want to get much over 3 ft. I do 5-6ft and my Fox shock has been known to bottom out.A chain tensinor is a must or you will be changing tranny cases if you ever jump with a chain out of adjustment.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

My shock hasn't bottomed out. I have a HDP tenioner but I'm apprehensive about installing it because I'm pretty sure I'll rip it off in the woods.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Yep. About 5-6 foot is about it for jumping on a Scram. I've cracked my frame 3 times. I can get around 6 foot without much damage.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I would really suggest with everyone else about getting the tensioner if you are gonna be jumping a lot.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I jumped mine quite a bit......and had a lot of power too........and ended up breaking the jug off the motor.....which cost big time......I also broke a transmission.......and a swing arm......and the drive clutch......jumping those big machines can be costly.....in the end you could have had yourself a pred.......lol

Quick Reply: How high can you jump a Scrambler?