Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Cleaning, detailing, scratch removal, etc....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning, detailing, scratch removal, etc....

What's worked best for you guys? I have an 05 800 EFI that i haven't ridden in awhile. I really need to clean it up since i'm always in the mud and nasty stuff. Does armor all keep it looking good after a few good hand washes? Sucks living in the panhandle of Florida because i don't have anywhere to ride much. I'm thinking of putting in for Alaska (i'm military). What can i do to get it looking good again? Also, what to use on the type 6 rims i got for my bi/tri claws? Thanks guys.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Armor all does a pretty good job of bringing back the shine......it will also help keep the mud off, but will attract dust. Definately don't put the armor all anywhere you want traction/grip at......

Old 10-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

I like to use the "No Touch" foaming tire stuff because you don't have to wipe it in all of the grooves of the treads and it looks great. Lasts longer than the Armor All type stuff too. I have used it on the plastic too and it looks real good in the garage but it has the same effect with the dust and sand like the armor all so I don't use it for that very often. But under the fenders is good for making it easier to clean off the mud. Of course keep it away from you are going to sit and stand.

Also you can get these cool paint pens, for using like a magic marker only they have paint in them. I have a big black one for frame touch ups. Like for rock dings. There are silver ones too, but they don't match my wheels very well.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

lol,Do not put armor all on your seat it turns into a slip and slide.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer

03 sportsman,
you can put in for redstone arsenal here in alabama or ft rucker, massive riding, but the down side is the orange clay we have here. armor all and or spray and shine detail spray's work great and helps in the cleaning as well, the mud and clay just seem to almost fall right off after the first pass of a pressure washer, even on a hot day.
wash it while your out on the road for $4 dollars, that way you don't track all that crap around on your driveway/ house. that way too, you don't put a wet machine to bed for the week.!!! for me, when i home wash, i run it down the street, to the joy of the neighbors....not.!!
don't forget your lube points after the wash, i added to my list the shock center rods and the open driveshaft u-joints. , joseph

Old 10-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys. There is a guy i rode with that sprays his entire 500 down with wd40. The bike looks great but isn't that going to eat it up after awhile. I really need to give mine a good cleaning. I only have a few hundred miles on it but they are pretty rough and muddy ones at that. I need to make sure i take care of this thing considering i still owe 8+ grand on it. Dohhhh! Anyway, i guess a good hand wash this weekend and detailing will bring some of the good looks back.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

This is what I do. Wash it like you would a care, with a bucket of car soap, use a hose and knock of all the mud. After a good cleaning, I use the no touch tire foam and spray down the entire quad. Don't spray the grips, seat or foot wells. Then I rinse the quad again and dry it with a towel. Mine looks like new, and I've been through mud dust etc... I have the mossy oak, so I'm not sure how the no touch tire foam works on the smooth plastics.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

I use the STP tire foam the same way looks great.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I use formula 2001. It works very good and don't collect dust as bad as armor all.

Old 10-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i use armor all

Quick Reply: Cleaning, detailing, scratch removal, etc....