Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Predator

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Predator

Second that...though I did finally buy from USA MotorSports in Goodyear, I shopped for quite a while. I've heard some good things recently about those guys in Rye...4 Seasons Motorsports.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Predator

I'm sorry i was wrong. We didnt go to Metro Motorsports we went to Town and Country.Thanks for ur comment EAB.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

That's one of the problems with buying Polaris here in the Phoenix area. There are only 2 places that are authorized...the AZ MotorSports Group, which is all the major dealers in the valley...Metro, Town and country, USA, Desert, ETC, ETC. The other is Keiths that I mentioned earlier.

After that, you have to get out of town a bit like in Rye or Casa Grande...

Old 10-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Predator

I bought mine in Rye and the service and test drive were grade A.

My pred is my first bike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris Predator

Its a good all around quad....yamaha 450 is still a better race quad...its like a dirtbike on 4 wheels......my 05 Pred TLD has been great........suspension is way better than the yf450.....it has reverse.........my friends with yamahas call it the cadillac of sport quads.
complaints: fifth gear, no real low end pull
likes: suspension, overall feel, steering damper works great

Old 11-05-2005, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

We have a 2003 Pred and a 2004 450R - I like riding them both. They are fun and I am learning how to throw them around a little.

As far as reverse goes - when I had a dirt bike I never had a reverse, I'm on my 4th quad with no reverse and it is not an issue. I learned how to get my butt unstuck and if its real bad, my friends help after they finish laughing at me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Thats why ya never ride alone!

Oh and the kick start vs electric - no biggie once we got the 450R dialed in.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

People I know who have this bike love them. They come with a really nice selection of parts, fox shocks, tires, etc... Only thing negative about Polaris is upholding the warranty, as they want you to use not only there own oil, filters, grease for the warranty period. I think they would have you use there own gas too if they made it. Most brands are like this so I'm not picking on Polaris but hey are the most critical on the use of their own products during warranty periods. Other then that it's a solid bike.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

From my own personal experience, the Predator has been awesome. It's easily the most reliable quad we own. While the Raptor and the z400 spend time in the garage getting fixed, mostly minor things but still time consuming, my Preddy hasn't needed anything more than routine maintenance(oil changes, chain replacement, greasing and waxing, bearings) since it was new.

Everybody is going to have their own likes and dislikes on handling, but I can toss my Preddy around like nothing when I want to and compared to the Raptor or Z(not saying those aren't great quads for the right people) it is like driving a caddy, turns on a dime with the utmost control and is just plain smooth. The only thing I'd trade it for is a newer Predator.

The only downside I've found and it's not even that bad, is that it's hard to get the suspension just right for my weight(probably didn't think too many 120lb people would be jumping on it). If I have it dialed in so that it doesn't tossed my butt around after a jump, then it doesn't handle quite as well on the trails. I've choosen to keep it trail ready and just compensate a little more when I jump. I don't think someone a bit heavier would have any trouble though.

If you are looking for the fastest, look elsewhere, but if you're looking for the best all around out of the box quad, I'd recommend the Predator.

This review might be a bit biased as I just spent the last few hours out riding and enjoying myself immensely.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

Originally posted by: codyormoe
From my own personal experience...
This review might be a bit biased as I just spent the last few hours out riding and enjoying myself immensely.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
*jealous* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Predator

If you are looking for the fastest, look elsewhere, but if you're looking for the best all around out of the box quad, I'd recommend the Predator.
Definetly. And its plenty fast.

Quick Reply: Polaris Predator