Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Predator

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Predator

Hi I've looked into a predator. Is there anything good or bad about this bike? And is it reliable?

Old 10-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

You think you can handle it? In your other posts I remember you saying you are looking for your first quad and some considered the z400 to be a lot for a first quad let alone the Predator... Anyways, I don't want to get off topic too much.

You'll get a lot of mixed opinions (as with any quad). The Predator will be my next quad simply because of what it comes with out of the box.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

the predator isnt the fastest stock, but if youve got money to drop, it can be the fastest

Old 10-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Predator

I'm not getting a predator its for someone else but thats besides the point. Just wanna know if the polaris predator is reliable. And the good and bad.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

Originally posted by: Kfx400orangeguy
I'm not getting a predator its for someone else but thats besides the point. Just wanna know if the polaris predator is reliable. And the good and bad.
As with any machine, you are going to find people that have had problems with them. You will also find others that have had absolutely no problems...like me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I recommend doing a quick glance at the various manufactures forums and see what kinds and how many problems people are reporting or asking assistance on. Compare that to the Predator and you will see they are pretty reliable.

Good side...probably the most complete, best handling, best all around quad on the market. Notice I didn't say fastest, or quickest. Pretty good in that area too, but probably not the fastest or quickest. Good mods available for it also...can make it very fast and quick.

Bad side...??? I'm not saying they don't have a bad side, but I haven't come across anything yet that I would call bad. Some folks will tell you the weight is too high. Those would be the people that haven't rode one and are going by what they read as the dry weight of the machine. I have rode some other bikes, and I can throw the Preddy around as easy or easier than I can those. Jumps fine too...

Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Predator

Thanks. We went to Metro Motorsports this weekend. My step dad sat on a predator and loved it. He's more of a honda guy though and said that polaris isnt reliable, so i said i'd look on forums for him to see what u guys think. He also likes the 450r but the no reverse feature is making him change his mind. Thanks and anymore advice from anyone else would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Predator

I own a 2004 Predator and absolutely love it. I have had some very minor things go wrong but it was my fault, I ride very hard and aggressive. I have had good luck with it in every environment that I have been in (sand dunes, mx tracks, cross country tracks, arena cross tracks, and trails). It has good power and great handling and suspension! The only thing I dont like about it is when it lands on top of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img], but I probably wouldnt like any quad to land on me.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

Originally posted by: Kfx400orangeguy
Thanks. We went to Metro Motorsports this weekend. My step dad sat on a predator and loved it. He's more of a honda guy though and said that polaris isnt reliable, so i said i'd look on forums for him to see what u guys think. He also likes the 450r but the no reverse feature is making him change his mind. Thanks and anymore advice from anyone else would be GREATLY appreciated.
Have him check out Keiths equipment on 55th and Van Buren. They will let him test ride one there if they have it out of the box...good guys there.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Predator

Ok thanks a lot i'll do that.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:25 AM
EAB
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Predator

To go along with what Webopper said, I'd shop around on price. The Metro chain likes to slip alot of costs and fees in on their sales.

Quick Reply: Polaris Predator