Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2000, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have insurance with progressive. It runs me about 250 a year. It was the best investment i ever made. I thought at first it was a waste of money but it wasn't. I rolled my Xplorer 5 times and wrecked it bad. I called them and they sent an agent out in a day. Got estimate from dealership. They said it was totalled. Insurance company didn't even give me a hard time at all. They wrote me a check for the full value of the 4 wheeler. The whole process took me prolly 4 days to get everything settled. Insurance didn't even go up at all. I would recommend progressive insurance.

Old 10-31-2000, 06:25 PM
Range Rover

What code is that to reduce the price of insurance that much? Does your method just work for that company?

Old 11-01-2000, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

I just checked with my State Farm agent and they quoted me $164/yr just for my Raptor. Another $140 for the Banshee, and I didn't even ask about the Sport. Forget that!

Then I called Progressive. They quoted me $233/yr for all 3 machines with liability and comprehensive with a $100 deductible. That also includes coverage on the 1st $1000 in accessories. I may go for it.

Old 11-02-2000, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Just bought Progresive today. For two "01" Yeller 500 HO's the price was $197, full coverage, $250 deductable. State Farm wanted $225 each! Had some other nameless insurance bought threw the internet for $280 for my older machines. Felt uncomfortable with them, at least now I have an agent that I can grab by the neck.

Old 11-02-2000, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Insurance? Man you guys have been brainwashed.
This Insurance crazed society we have grosses me out. Here is one area where we don't need these vultures and you are seeking them out. Okay, the guy who rolled his got lucky (?), and it would suck if your ATV got ripped off. But really, don't we have TOO MUCH insurance pushed on us already? I think so. I'm more worried about damage to ME, in a quad wreck, and I'll keep my keys in my desk, Take some responsibility for your own actions, Self-insure!
Silly Later,,,Fourlix

Old 11-02-2000, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

FOURLIX
Gee I hope that your trying to be funny and it isn't working.I have had two snowmobile wrecked and one Quad plus two stolen,I'll take my chances paying my premiums and the peace of mind I get is well worth it.It's like wearing helmet it's your choice but I always lean toward the safe side!I wear my helmet and pay my insurance premiums,and always wear ru$#@@ oops thats another subject sorry!CM

Old 11-03-2000, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Hey I'm safe. I wear a full MX helmet and leathers, hell I even wear a condom while I ride.
But Seriously, I think of our ATV's or bikes as some of the last outposts of Man and Machine. I am attracted to the sport as one that doesn't need insurance, or licenses or registrations. I still live in the Wild West. I mean I really do, that's where I live and ride. There are very few people around here. If I biff, it's me I'm going to worry about, these quads are very resiliant.
I pay so much insurance already, and I don't think these quads are that big a risk. For instance, I have a sailboat. It could sink or get wrecked in a storm. It is much more at risk than my quads. The marina where it lives was completely destroyed 8 years ago. Yet I pay only $360 a year for $40,000 coverage with $1000 deductable. So take off a zero and compare that to any rate quoted above. You guys are getting screwed. That's not my idea of piece of mind, that's a piece of s#@+!.
Silly Later,,,,,,Fourlix

Old 11-03-2000, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

FOUR
You have good arguement but as stated above I feel comfortable paying my premiums,I would say all together that the Insurance between wrecks and stolen Quads has paid back close to $20,000 thats prety good investment for what I paid for Insurance in first place.The snowmobiles are $125 a yr and quads I think are like $130 a yr,go to VEGAS and try to get them odds!I to wear my protection,but hard to protect some thing you have no control over.There was just other day post about someone getting run into on the trail,mine and others quads that were stolen.Good old USA we can all make that choice for ourselfs mine is to pay!!!!!So that I don't have to pay!CM

Old 11-03-2000, 11:52 AM
BK
Pro Rider

Nothing like making payments on an atv that has been stolen to convince you how good it is to have insurance. I payed $52 for a year of theft coverage for my next machine after finding nothing but a broken lock and chain from my last one.

Old 11-03-2000, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

I can see theft insurance if you live in an area where that happens. It doesn't happen here.
But Collision? We have had 4 rollovers in the last 2 years. Bent handlebars were just the mounting plate under the handlebars, twice, easily fixed, two broken reflectors, a broken front bumper on the 325Mag. All the damage was done by beginners.
My son has rolled his 325TrailBoss, down a canyon about 100 ft. No damage. He rolled his 425 EXP last weekend, slow muddy hill, got sideways, NO damage.
What I like about Quads is their resiliance.
When I raced and routinely wrecked my old 4x4 Blazer I spent many hours pounding out sheetmetal and sanding Bondo. Those big rigs were not made for this kind of stuff. I only ever had liability. I can't imagine going in to an insurance guy and making a collision claim on a race truck or even trying to get collision coverage.
Would you insure your Dirtbike? Would you insure a Mountain Bike? A Skateboard? Where does it end?
Silly Later,,,,Fourlix

Quick Reply: ATV Insurance?