Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I'm Retarded

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Retarded

so i was out riding today with my friends, and my friend hasnt seen my new predator so he wants to race me to see how fast it is (hes on a honda xr100) so were dragging on this straight-a-way and i blow past him up to the top of the hill, i let off the gas and i start to slow down cuz theres a fence ahead.

well... i wasnt stopping fast enough so i locked up all 4 tires

still wasnt stopping fast enough, now i was pulling into a fishtail and i didnt want the quad to flip on me, so i let off the rear brakes a little (now im 15 feet from the fence) and the rear starts to come up pulling a HUGE stoppy.

long story short, i ran into the fence... BUT the quad pulling up and landing on me actually saved alot of damage to the fence and myself... ironicly

i broke 2 fence boards with my left wrist, and my hip, which might i add are really killing me at the moment, i expect to have a massive black bruise on my hip by the morning, and my wrist feels like it might be fractured, but i can open my hand up all the way and rotate my hand completely in all directions with minor pain. thankfully, i only bent the arm that holds the front fender plastic out a little, and its bent back now.

after i flew through the fence like super man, i flipped my quad back over rubber side down, hoped to god it would start, and what do ya know, first turn over it started! lost a little gas, but oh well.

I learned my lesson today, i was going WAY to fast, went above my skills, and could have seriously hurt myself (ravine on the other side of the fence [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] ) so im going to NOT buy performance parts for my preddy till spring after my skills are a little higher, and im deffently getting better gloves with wrist bands

i'd like to thank my M2R brain bucket for keeping me from having Drain Bramage, my Troy Lee Designs gloves for saving my hands from being splinterd to death, and Fuji heavy for makeing a motor that starts even though its upside down

...yeah i know

Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default I'm Retarded

common mistake... dont feel bad, everybody wrecks... just got a little throttle happy.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I'm Retarded

We all have to test our limits Spyder. You now have a better idea where yours are for a particular situation. That and the fact you didn't hurt yourself too bad are a good thing.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default I'm Retarded

dumba$$....lol....

glad to hear you're not too banged up....actually I've got a similar story....i posted how i buried my ATV in the mud last weekend, well on the way out I went by a rancher out in the arroyo, middle of nowhere, didn't know what he was doing there....well found out on the way back when i went into a slide...he put up a cattle fence across the arroyo....almost got it, ended up about 3 feet from it, was sideways when i stopped.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default I'm Retarded

been there done that only the fence was barbed wire . that left a few marks on the ole pred and me.
I definatly got lucky Ive heard of guys taking their heads off on barbed wire fences. thank god you were not seriously hurt. when I was 15 I crashed really bad and ended up in the hospitol for a month and a half with a blood clot on the brain. hate to see what would've happened if I wasn't wearing a helmet! hope you heal up fast !

Old 11-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I'm Retarded

well i checked my self over this morning, my wrist kills, but its not as bad as last night, just got to baby it i suppose, i might have sprained it, or more likely bruised the bone. i have no bruise on my hip, just a little gash were my skin ripped a little (1/2 inch)

as far as the preddy, i'll be washing it today when i get home from school, try and use some goo-gone to get the black tar off my stickers and grab bar, and to make sure nothing is broke. i swear to god i heard something snap though, it could have been the fence boards though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

thanks guys, im starting to think if a roost gaurd would be a good investment

Old 11-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default I'm Retarded

I think we've all had our retarded moments, some of us more frequently than others. Use it as a learning experience and you'll do just fine.

I knocked myself out 3 times when I was a kid trying to take a triple I saw my brother do before I decided that maybe I wasn't quite ready for that.

Trending Topics

Old 11-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default I'm Retarded

fact is i always thought that my pred was a little slide happy. Comes with the territory, all the light sport quads require a bit more room to slow down b/c they'll just lock up. My Scrammy, however, that damn thing will stop on a DIME.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Range Rover
Default I'm Retarded

Well, atleast you learned a lesson. Never go above your limits. I havent crashed in 2 years (knock on wood). But 2 years ago I broke my collar bone. I was 4th gear WOT on the train tracks (dumb!) with my RM 250. Back tire was junk, tracks were wet...... Do I need to say more. I've been riding the same trails for 10 years, so I know every tree, rock, bump, stick ect ect. Always learn your riding area before you do anything dumb.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I'm Retarded

Spyder......sorry to hear about your bad luck..........but just one thing to add, for you info. When you are getting close to something like that....never let off that back brake, you won't flip forward by pressing on the back brake. Depending on the surface(unless it was concrete or asphalt)......if you lean back enough, you probably won't flip if you are on the front pretty hard too. I dunno......I've been riding all my lfe, so I just know what the feel of stuff is........when I get close to something like that.....I slam all the brakes, and when I get real close, I try to slide her sideways......

Quick Reply: I'm Retarded