Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Outlaw question

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw question

the outlaw is much much to heavy to be takeing off any serious jumps, the IRS will prove usefull if you take off a jump wrong though, no more bent axels and snapped chains

Old 11-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Range Rover
Default Outlaw question

Originally posted by: spyder6
the outlaw is much much to heavy to be takeing off any serious jumps, the IRS will prove usefull if you take off a jump wrong though, no more bent axels and snapped chains
Hmmm........Seeing that you already ride a Predator, why does 24lb more weight make it "much much to heavy to be takeing off any serious jumps"? If you were going to do math like that, then why would you jump a Predator that is 65lb heavier than a YFZ450? <u>I'm NOT trying to start a war</u>, I'm just cofused on why you think the outlaw is so bad? It is designed for XC Racing and trail riding, where you see alot of bumps and obstacle that don't hit the back tires at the same time such as rocks, roots, or logs that are not 90 degrees across the trail and cause that side to side jostle on a SRA quad. And, there is not much BIG AIR jumping even at GNCC races. The IRS has tons of potential in the cross country riding group, now we need to see if it catches on.............

PS. I have nothing against Polaris Predators, as they are very capable machines, and I actually prefer them over YFZ450's, I just was making a point. My homestate favorite, Matt Smiley is doing well on his in the GNCC series. Hopefully next year he will be on the Outlaw though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Outlaw question

I know for a fact that spyder6 talks like that because he is an opiniated 15 year old

Old 11-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Outlaw question

if your trying to get even the predator more than 10 feet in the air your crazy and it was nice knowing you. and as far as 24 pounds? it dosnt seem like much, and i agree, 20 pounds on the quad really dost make much a difference here or there, but if you were to strap a backpack loaded with 20 pounds of bricks securely onto your back, do you feel like you could perform the same as if you were just helmet and clothes? i wouldent think so, i know i wouldent be able to. im not trying to down the Outlaw, if could have waited for it i would have bought one, im looking forward to test driving the one my dealer gets in their feilds.

Polaris500HO4x4: im 16 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Outlaw question

as far as my comment on the jumping, i just re-read your post on the outlaws place, and i mis-read your statement on SRA's being for MX. my first time though i thought you had posted that the Outlaw would be good for MX.

sorry

Old 11-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Outlaw question

Originally posted by: spyder6
if your trying to get even the predator more than 10 feet in the air your crazy and it was nice knowing you. and as far as 24 pounds? it dosnt seem like much, and i agree, 20 pounds on the quad really dost make much a difference here or there, but if you were to strap a backpack loaded with 20 pounds of bricks securely onto your back, do you feel like you could perform the same as if you were just helmet and clothes? i wouldent think so, i know i wouldent be able to. im not trying to down the Outlaw, if could have waited for it i would have bought one, im looking forward to test driving the one my dealer gets in their feilds.

Polaris500HO4x4: im 16 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
sorry about that spyder

Old 11-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Outlaw question

So.... if weight is so important why do we just talk about a machines weight ? It would seem to me that it would much easier for the rider to loose some weight after all there is only so much that can be done to reduce the machine weight .But on the other hand if you are trail riding, you're going to be bringing along a few idems like water, food, tools, rain gear, and etc... I guess maybe 20 + lbs is not is really that big a deal for a trail rider, and I'm sure most of us could loose a few lbs if it was really that big a deal to jump or win a comptition...