Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PolarisOEMParts.com....owe anyone else $

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PolarisOEMParts.com....owe anyone else $

They closed down Asheville Motorsports (polarisoemparts.com).....

I posted a thread on this last week, supposedly last Friday was there last day and Butch King who was working parts was without a job after Friday.

I contacted them, Butch, last Wednesday, he said they had parts coming in the next day, said I could call back to find out if my drive shaft and torque stop screws came in.....over $280 worth with shipping....

so I call back on Thursday, no answer, called again and again, no answer, called Friday over and over, no answer...

so I went in to Paypal and filed two claims against them as the parts were on two different orders....I filed last Friday, so it has been 6 days already, there has been no response from them....

Does anyone else have parts on order with them????

dave

Old 11-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they don;t owe me money but I can;t say I was happy with the one order I placed to them. it took three weeks for me to get my parts. I emailed them about 2 weks in and advised them I wanted a tracking number if my parts had been shipped or a refund if they had not been shipped. they shipped the parts two days after my email and then gave me a tracking number.

just guessing but when I order parts from my local dealer it takes 5 days for them to get the parts with no charge to them or me. (I can pay for faster delivery) since there shipping takes a minimuim of ten days it appears they order what you request from polaris then apply there markup and send the parts out standard mail. Personally I find the extra 0.50 to 1.50 a part worth paying at my dealer to get parts instead of waiting 3 weekd for parts.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: conig
they don;t owe me money but I can;t say I was happy with the one order I placed to them. it took three weeks for me to get my parts. I emailed them about 2 weks in and advised them I wanted a tracking number if my parts had been shipped or a refund if they had not been shipped. they shipped the parts two days after my email and then gave me a tracking number.

just guessing but when I order parts from my local dealer it takes 5 days for them to get the parts with no charge to them or me. (I can pay for faster delivery) since there shipping takes a minimuim of ten days it appears they order what you request from polaris then apply there markup and send the parts out standard mail. Personally I find the extra 0.50 to 1.50 a part worth paying at my dealer to get parts instead of waiting 3 weekd for parts.
i agree they are slow, but your dealer charges you much more than .50 to $1.50 a part, the minimum markup is 20% over retail at almost every dealer on parts....accessories they usually hold to Polaris pricing....at polarisoemparts.com, they took 10% off of the suggested retail....if you go to a dealer, they will tell you the suggested retail is much higher...

for instance, the ECU for my 2005 700 EFI was $299.99 MSRP according to Polarisoemparts.com....so I would get 10% off which would make it around $260....at my dealer they told me the MSRP was $359.99....when I questioned them on it, where they come up with that pricing on my bill that they were charging me, they said they couldn't find it....WTF? I also ordered a torque stop screw from Polarisoemparts.com....the MSRP was listed as $6.99, so I had to pay around $6.30....I had the dealer order it for me, and actually went to a different dealer, the price was $10.50....WTF? thats where the dealers are making their money , as almost everyone will order from them...

well anyways, i'm out some $ right now with polarisoemparts.com....and I plan on going after them to get my $ back, no matter what it takes ....

Old 11-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

You can also file a dipute with your credit card company. Just to put a little more heat on them to get your money back.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds really umm.... tough to swallow. I hate getting ripped off. (Just thought it was fitting to turn that into a link, as they turn tough into one) If they just closed, there's gotta be someone still around to handle this stuff. They must have had some kind of forethought to deal with this situation, they can't be that retarded.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
You can also file a dipute with your credit card company. Just to put a little more heat on them to get your money back.
I used my bank account through paypal, not my credit card....and the only reason was because i had dealt with them before, otherwise higher dollar items I would have used my CC...

there has to be many other people that are in the same boat as me...surprised that nobody else has popped up on here that got screwed out of their parts