Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Does anyone have a scrambler with a rear brake that works?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a scrambler with a rear brake that works?

My rear foot brake goes right to the floor on my 2005 scrambler 500. Does not work at all. My friends is the same way. Anyone know how to fix it?

Old 12-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Range Rover

my rear brake lock the wheels on pavement on my scrambler 500 05...

Old 12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Both of my Trailblazers work fine. I suggest that when you bleed the rear brake, use a clear hose to the brake fluid can or use a vacuum pump to assure that all the air bubbles are out. I noticed that the air bubbles are so fine, you can hardly see them.
I hope this helps you
Bryce

Old 12-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

my cyinder blew on my rear break. new one was around $80. so instead, i found on on Ebay for $4.00. They lock up like nothin-else. If you look for a new cylinder on EBAY, all of the sport/ scrambler ones should fit. (shoot for around the same year as yours tho... b/c '98 rear breaks were just wierd (not to be confused with in-effective). anything from 2000 on should be a bout the same tho.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info guys. I have not hought about bleeding them or that the cylinder could be bad after 20 hours of use.
John

Old 12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

my 2000 scrammy 400's rear brakes would always go bad.even after bleeding the brakes,,they would work for awhile but, not great and not long.I found that the rear brakes suck, no matter what you do/I did, they always went bad.The only way I could fix it was to dump the foot brake and in stall The brake split kit from hot seat.Now i have a hand brake just for the rear brakes and it locks up good. Also, braided brakes lines help too.the rubber ones expand under pressure.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

He has already got braided brake lines, so does the Trailblazer. I think there is more to this rear brake problem than we know. Too many people, myself included have great rear brakes. Although split brakes might be a solution, it is not a solution for everyone.
Bryce

Old 12-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear brake on a Polaris is not intended to be a main stopping brake but rather an auxilerie brake.
I have found that you can get the air out by bleeding them with the lid off of the resivoir but you have to keep an eye on it and not run it out.

Old 12-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my problemturned out to be my master cylinder I bleeded my brakes filled ther resovior up and secured the lid with new screws and yamaha bond. I havn't had a problem since. I think the seals just go bad real easy. maybe after the break has taken an impact( mine)

Old 12-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Range Rover

My sportsman 800 is on it's third new rear master cylinder. It only has 15 hours on it. I think I got a good one this time, so far anyway. Not sure if the scrambler uses the same master cylinder but if it does you can get one for $15 from these guys: Polaris parts
You can cross reference parts on the Polaris website.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a scrambler with a rear brake that works?