Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Do I need my ETC adjusted? 2006 500EFI

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need my ETC adjusted? 2006 500EFI

i just came back from a good ride. no overheating, no stalling, no clunk, no hard shifting.

i think if Polaris would have put a little more attention and care into EVERY ATV i think there would be a BIG group of HAPPY Polaris owners.

i also feel the same about their Dealers when they set these ATVs up for delivery!

i'm still anoyed i had to return for service TWICE to get things right. but i am FINALLY satisfied.

i feel their quality has fallen-off. it's to bad...........and that puts a lot of extra burdon on their Dealers.

i will not recommend to a friend to buy Polaris anymore.....not until i feel the quality has returned.

~MT

Old 12-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zerowick
take it back and demand a refund! I wish there was some kind of organization that would represent the consumer in situations like this. redmtn spent tons of cash on a new machine and it has been back to the dealer at least twice with only 9 miles and 10 hours! is it just me or does it sound like someone is getting hosed. then the dealer just plays dumb, says they made some changes and the bike still has the same problem. we need some laws to protect the consumer that make it easier to get satisfaction from the seller/dealership. and it's next to impossible to get a hold of the manufacturer, if you do, they refer you back to the dealer, assuring you they are "competent". let's stop buying new machines fellas and let them sit on their inventory and wonder what they did wrong, maybe they will realize they need to make better products before we will buy them. that's not realistic, however, when you guys have ridiculous problems like redmtn, make the effort to send the manufacturer a written letter describing your dissatisfaction with their product. together we can make a difference and maybe someday be able to purchase a machine that lives up to our expectations.

peace

a BIG A-M-E-N to that!

Old 12-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think I would buy another Polaris at this point. I'll just try to make this one work and consider this a learning experience. The problem is, I know alot of people with other brands who also have problems. I'll try not to give up on my new 500EFI yet...

Old 12-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

If I don't get a call today to resolve the stalling and clunking issue, I'm done and will be taking legal action. I can't believe this. When I called Polaris, they said they can't tell me how to fix the problems i'm having with my NEW atv. Still waiting to hear from the dealer.

"AT LEAST YOU HAVE A THREE YEAR WARRANTY. Polaris TM"

Old 12-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: redmtn
If I don't get a call today to resolve the stalling and clunking issue, I'm done and will be taking legal action. I can't believe this. When I called Polaris, they said they can't tell me how to fix the problems i'm having with my NEW atv. Still waiting to hear from the dealer.

"AT LEAST YOU HAVE A THREE YEAR WARRANTY. Polaris TM"

I would be very upset if I were you too, but just try to be patient and I'm sure they will fix the problem with the stalling. I think the clunking is normal because mine does the same thing when you excelerate and then let off gas and then give it gas and it will clunk. I think is has to do with the ebs engaging and disengaging. My 700efi did the same thing too, so I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Hope they get it fixed for ya.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, I'm trying, I'm just having a hard time getting help from Polaris. When I called Polaris today, they also told me my atv is one of the ones with the faulty ECM High Altitude Re-flash problem. She said they will not do the re-flash unless I have a problem at high altitude. When I asked her if she was sure, she said, "NO." I told her the Polaris Sevice bullentin said it was only a few early production 500efi's. Was mine an early production? She said she didn't know. She said go ahead and go on my Sierra Trek trip and if my atv doesn't work right then they will fix it. This defective atv thing is bs and if I don't hear from the dealer by the end of the day, I'm done. I know I'm just mad, and talking like this out of anger. But what am I supposed to do? I can't just go back to the dealer I bought it from, because they went out of busness.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

see, that's the part that really sucks, the part where Polaris says they will only fix it if you experience problems. that is just wrong that they won't stand behind the product, if there is any question that the part may fail they should replace it on principal alone. it's like they are saying, "We know you spent several thousand dollars on this machine and we enjoyed taking your money, there is a possibility of a part failure but we won't replace it until it fails, we don't care if you get stranded miles into the woods." that's a good way to eliminate any repeat customers. ya got me once, but you won't get me again.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: redmtn
Thanks, I'm trying, I'm just having a hard time getting help from Polaris. When I called Polaris today, they also told me my atv is one of the ones with the faulty ECM High Altitude Re-flash problem. She said they will not do the re-flash unless I have a problem at high altitude. When I asked her if she was sure, she said, "NO." I told her the Polaris Sevice bullentin said it was only a few early production 500efi's. Was mine an early production? She said she didn't know. She said go ahead and go on my Sierra Trek trip and if my atv doesn't work right then they will fix it. This defective atv thing is bs and if I don't hear from the dealer by the end of the day, I'm done. I know I'm just mad, and talking like this out of anger. But what am I supposed to do? I can't just go back to the dealer I bought it from, because they went out of busness.

I didn't know your dealer went out of buisness, I must have missed that part. If the dealer that you bought the quad from can't help you then Polaris needs too. $7400 is alot of money for a quad that you can't use. I would be upset if I were in your position and nobody was trying to help me fix the problem. Sorry for your problems.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mtpockets
i just came back from a good ride. no overheating, no stalling, no clunk, no hard shifting.

i think if Polaris would have put a little more attention and care into EVERY ATV i think there would be a BIG group of HAPPY Polaris owners.

i also feel the same about their Dealers when they set these ATVs up for delivery!

i'm still anoyed i had to return for service TWICE to get things right. but i am FINALLY satisfied.

i feel their quality has fallen-off. it's to bad...........and that puts a lot of extra burdon on their Dealers.

i will not recommend to a friend to buy Polaris anymore.....not until i feel the quality has returned.

~MT
Do you still have "no clunk"?
Everywhere ive read they say the clunk is normal which i find hard to belive.
My clunk happens when i let off the throttle and the EBS brings me to a skidding stop.
Does anyone else slow down to the point of skidding?
One thing i did notice , when i was riding my girlfriend on the back , the clunking wasnt as bad/noticable.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JjEjFjf
Originally posted by: mtpockets

~MT
Do you still have "no clunk"?
Everywhere ive read they say the clunk is normal which i find hard to belive.
My clunk happens when i let off the throttle and the EBS brings me to a skidding stop.
Does anyone else slow down to the point of skidding?
One thing i did notice , when i was riding my girlfriend on the back , the clunking wasnt as bad/noticable.

i was responding to redmtn's newly aquired clunk when he let's off the gas the guns it. i've owned many Sportsmans since '98 and some had a clunk at take-off, some didn't. the ones that did i brought back to the Dealer and they adjusted something and the bad clunk was gone.
there will always be engagement of the belt on take-off but it's barely noticable to me. a "clunk" would be an overstatement. i'd call it "belt engagement ".

i've felt the big clunks and i think they can be fixed and make the ATV a smoooooooth ride again. you just need to find a Polaris Dealer that knows what they are doing!

peace to all

~MT

Quick Reply: Do I need my ETC adjusted? 2006 500EFI