Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

worthless peice of shat carburator

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worthless peice of shat carburator

well it took a half hour and some muscleing but i finnaly got everything unhooked and the carb out (pathetic huh?) i put the carb in a vise and got my grandpas trusty impact driver out, tried it on some screws first to make sure i knew what iw as doing. went at the screws on the bottom and they still wont come out, and i was hitting it fairly good with a 20 ounce hammer. so, im giving up on it, im gonna take it up to my dealer this after noon and have him knock them out 'proffessionally' and get some new screws from him.

i dont get why the carb has to be so damn sealed up from mikuni

Old 12-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can buy an extra 17mm and grind it down so it can be used on the choke to give alittle more clearance. I have a couple wrenchs I set up like this for hard to reach places.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, i took my carb intoday and they were able to knock the screws out, so untill i can go to ACE and get the new allen's and replace them all im stuck with these ugly ****'s.

i ended up putting a 170 Jet in (150 stock) and lowerd the needle clip to the third slot (i think, might be 4th) and opend my mixture screw 3.5 turns.

tommarow when i go to put my allen head screws in, im going to pull the 170 out and put a 175 in and move the clip on the needle all the way to the top and see if i can get it to run good, more fuel i can pump in the cyl the better it'll run on top end

but christ this thing pulls really flipping hard on top end. ive ridden 450R's raptor 700's and CR250r's and i have never felt anything pull so hard when it kicks into the power band, this thing is insain. i was pulling a holeshot in 3erd gear out of a corner up hill and i nailed it and my front end came up so much i had to let off the throttle before it came back on me.

im not sure if its my new set up thats doin it, or i never really pushed it to its limits before i jetted it, but it hauls. the only thing now is after i pulled the quiet core off and clamped on my clamp on this thing is loud as hell, i mean it gave me a headache, and i dont mind loud noises, i think im going to buy a turn down for it and see if it helps.

to keep everyone in sync on what my set up is, i took a filter from the sportsman (K&N) and just bolted it to the intake side of my carb and removed my airbox. i have an outerwears on it, so we'll see how it holds up. hopefully water cant jump that high [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]