3 New Polaris ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 New Polaris ATV's

Originally posted by: JIMMYTB250
Originally posted by: stvdman
My dealer here in Alaska knows all about the no/no/no and 30 month service contract ($50 deductible on work done). Got me signed up for a Polaris Card to take advantage of the no/no/no (that card is where the ATV is bought on and where you get the deal) I will make my payments and probably pay the bike off within 12 months anyway so its a good deal for me.

I hate when dealers dont honor stuff like this. Maybe they are really ignorant to what is available or just plain IGNORANT.
Did you get any paperwork on the extended warranty?
I bought an 06 800 a couple weeks ago to take advantage of the extended warranty before the deal ended at the end of the year. My dealer knew of and made it a point to let me know about it............anyways , i decided to look for somekind of paperwork about the warrany in the bunch of papers from the sale ,and there wasnt anything .Just wondered if you recieved anything.
Thanks
Not sure about his but my dealer filled out the POLARISTAR PROTECTION PLUS paperwork and clearly wrote "FREE POLARIS PROMO" across the top. The paperwork has his signature and a tracking code and a contract number upon it so I hope it is the proper paper work.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

The extended warranty does not go into effect until the 6 mo factory warranty expires, the paperwork should come from Polaris then....

And I have a pretty good idea why some of the dealers play dumb or don't want to honor the extended warranty. Warranty time/pay is generally substantually less than what customer pay would be for repairs performed so you can figure that out real quick.....

Old 01-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Viper927
Over Christmas I bought 2 new 800's and 1 new Youth sportsman 90. So far I'm very pleased with all machines. However, I'm a bit pissed at what some of the dealers are doing. Prior to buying I narrowed my search down to two dealers in Tenn. Southern Powersports & Ritchies Powersports. Both have great pricing and are within 3-4 hours of where I live. The deciding factor was financing. I call Southern Powersports and asked if they participated in the NO/NO/NO financing program. They said they didn't. Ok I then call Ritchies and asked the same. They said yes and that it was not a problem. I drive down to the dealer appx. 3 hours away and buy the two 800's. After signing the paperwork I ask where is the info. about the additional warranty that comes with the program. I was then told that they don't offer that part and would not honor the additional 30 months unless they sold me an extended warranty for $587.00. At this point, I began to question the deal and even showed them where on the polaris website that it say no dwn.pmt, no int, and no pmt, until Jan 07 AND ride free worry free for 3 years. The saleman say's " yeah it is very decieving the way it is written" I've tried to call the president of Ritchie and he won't return my call. The next step is to call the BBB, and my attorney. I love the machines but can't stand the dealer. Btw, the salesman never gave me any info about the machine as far as switches, breakin, etc... They wouldn't help load them, and wouldn't even put fuel in them with the exception of just enough to start them, on one of the quad's the coolant tank was low I pointed this out but they just ignored it. I decided not to buy the third machine from them and bought it from my local dealer. However, the service was much better but he would honor the extended warranty on that machine either. They act like they don't know that polaris is even offering it.

Anyway, these are fantastic machines but I feel a little taken by the dealers. RITCHIE POWERSPORTS service and business ethics SUCK!!!

Man I wish you would have posted here before you bought them at Ritchie Power Sports. I could have told you how SORRY they was. I bought mine there and will never buy from them again even if they are the closest Stealer to me.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

If it says at the top Polaris Promo..then thats good for you because if the dealer tries to stiff you on your warranty then u can fight it and go straight to polaris with it and show them that they put that youhad the promo that was going on which INCLUDES! the warranty..so in a way kinda hope something goes wrong lol after their warranty runs up and then they won't fix it thats when u bring out the suitcase and shove it in their face and point to PROMO..if they don't honour it you can gaurantee that Polaris will.. lol. i dunno if i'm a big fan of the dealership bashing though although i know many can be croks..but i'm going through to be a mechanic and open my own shop and be a dealer..and i know it can be tough for them and that with all the deals polaris gives out the dealerships tend to lose some money..but oh well...lol

Old 01-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a Hawkeye on Saturday, 12/31 - the dealer gave us several finance options, of course we took the no dollars down-no interest-no payment for a year. I asked about the 3 year warranty and they said, 6 months warranty, 30 months service plan with 50 dollar deductable. I didn't get it in writing but I did print it off Polaris's web site. I don't think I'll have issues with them but I have back-up If I need it. One thing dealers hate is the local TV girl coming over to ask why Mr. Smith's "whatever" isn't fixed as promised! Had to use that on a car dealer one time, got my truck back that afternoon, fixed, washed, full tank of gas and a letter from the owner thanking me for coming in and asking was everything OK.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: powerslider
The extended warranty does not go into effect until the 6 mo factory warranty expires, the paperwork should come from Polaris then....

And I have a pretty good idea why some of the dealers play dumb or don't want to honor the extended warranty. Warranty time/pay is generally substantually less than what customer pay would be for repairs performed so you can figure that out real quick.....
This is funny. I was worried about taking my 800 to another dealer besides the one I bought from and the dealer where I purchased, along with the local dealer clearly told me that taking my 800 to a closer location for warranty work should not be a problem since they recieved time & a half (1.5) for all warranty work. I have had good communication with the local dealer so hopefully they are honest. My dealer where I purchased also says that he welcomes all POLARIS quads to their shop for warranty work for this vary reason. Maybe a sales tatic, hopefully not.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Time and half huh, If that were the case all the dealers ought to be begging anyone to come in for repairs, I sure would. I've never got into specifics with my dealer about warranty pay but I have ask several times how they get treated pay-wise and it's always been "not that great" so something just doesn't add up with that....

Old 01-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: robedoll
Originally posted by: powerslider

This is funny. I was worried about taking my 800 to another dealer besides the one I bought from and the dealer where I purchased, along with the local dealer clearly told me that taking my 800 to a closer location for warranty work should not be a problem since they recieved time & a half (1.5) for all warranty work. I have had good communication with the local dealer so hopefully they are honest. My dealer where I purchased also says that he welcomes all POLARIS quads to their shop for warranty work for this vary reason. Maybe a sales tatic, hopefully not.
Thats kind of scarey. I wonder how many dealers "throw a wrench into the gears" so that people have to come back for warranty work.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

program benefits as follows chose between ride free till 2007 99$ a month for life of loan at 9.9% 69$ a month for 1st 24 months at 6.9% 0/0/0 for 6 months plus 3 year extended service contract on all models except youth or up to 400 in polaris acces. if you declined the warranty you should have gotten a discount cuz the dealer got money back by not giving you the warranty!!!!!! and all 06 youth models get a free Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  demand what is yours as you paid for it one way or another

Old 01-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Viper927
CONGRATS on your new ATVs! the 800s are great machines.
the reason your dealer skrewed you out of those warranties is because the DEALER GETS A $400 KICKBACK! my dealer skrewed one of my friends out of the warranty as well. he said that the dealer would charge him cost ($250) for the extended warranty if he wanted it.

so your Dealer made an extra $800 off you! (2 warranty credits at $400 a piece)

i wouldn't have taken delivery if i were you. they ain't yours until they are loaded-up and out the dealer's lot.

i would call the Better Business Bureau.

~MT

Quick Reply: 3 New Polaris ATV's