Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

3 New Polaris ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 New Polaris ATV's

Over Christmas I bought 2 new 800's and 1 new Youth sportsman 90. So far I'm very pleased with all machines. However, I'm a bit pissed at what some of the dealers are doing. Prior to buying I narrowed my search down to two dealers in Tenn. Southern Powersports & Ritchies Powersports. Both have great pricing and are within 3-4 hours of where I live. The deciding factor was financing. I call Southern Powersports and asked if they participated in the NO/NO/NO financing program. They said they didn't. Ok I then call Ritchies and asked the same. They said yes and that it was not a problem. I drive down to the dealer appx. 3 hours away and buy the two 800's. After signing the paperwork I ask where is the info. about the additional warranty that comes with the program. I was then told that they don't offer that part and would not honor the additional 30 months unless they sold me an extended warranty for $587.00. At this point, I began to question the deal and even showed them where on the polaris website that it say no dwn.pmt, no int, and no pmt, until Jan 07 AND ride free worry free for 3 years. The saleman say's " yeah it is very decieving the way it is written" I've tried to call the president of Ritchie and he won't return my call. The next step is to call the BBB, and my attorney. I love the machines but can't stand the dealer. Btw, the salesman never gave me any info about the machine as far as switches, breakin, etc... They wouldn't help load them, and wouldn't even put fuel in them with the exception of just enough to start them, on one of the quad's the coolant tank was low I pointed this out but they just ignored it. I decided not to buy the third machine from them and bought it from my local dealer. However, the service was much better but he would honor the extended warranty on that machine either. They act like they don't know that polaris is even offering it.

Anyway, these are fantastic machines but I feel a little taken by the dealers. RITCHIE POWERSPORTS service and business ethics SUCK!!!

Old 01-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

The dealer in Savannah, Ga where I bought my 800 claimed to know nothing about the 30 months of extra warranty also. I brought it to their attention and the logged on to Polaris.com to look for it. He tried to say "I see nothing of it" this is when I stepped up to his computer and pointed it out. I made sure it was in writing prior to me signing anything and handing him a 7634.90 check. Southern Powersports in Chattanooga says that they do not offer any incentives at their sale price. I think that it is a rip off and false advertisement. Sorry for your troubles.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Trailblazer

I just purchased 2 06 predators, a90 and 500. My dealer did not know about the extended warranty. I beleive him because he claimed he would have used thatas a selling point. He would not give me an Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word . He claimed he did not get them.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

just out of curiosity, did you guys enter your zip code on the site to see if that promotion was going on where you lived? I know that the stealerships around my neck of the woods will do just about anything to make sure they get the sale. Very helpful people here. I am sorry to hear about your misfortunes and bad dealers.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer

YES. I check my area via polaris.com website Southern Motorsports up in Nooga says that in order to get the warranaty they will increase price of the quad 400.00. I have this in writing on a price qoute they faxed me.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

when i bought my 800 from my dealer he wasnt clear on the 0/0/0 or the 30 month extended warr. until i showed him on the web site and we checked the zip code and it was in my area. however you had to get the star card 0/0/0 deal to get the extended warr. that is why i got mine now instead of this spring because the deal ran out on the 31st.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

My dealer here in Alaska knows all about the no/no/no and 30 month service contract ($50 deductible on work done). Got me signed up for a Polaris Card to take advantage of the no/no/no (that card is where the ATV is bought on and where you get the deal) I will make my payments and probably pay the bike off within 12 months anyway so its a good deal for me.

I hate when dealers dont honor stuff like this. Maybe they are really ignorant to what is available or just plain IGNORANT.

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you know maybe all of you guys that are getting screwed by your dealer ought to call polaris and ask them if they like their dealers giving them a bad name like they are on their deals.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did enter the zip code info. for my area and just to be safe I entered the zip code for Ritchies area. It was available in both. They give me the 0/0/0 deal but won't give me the extended warranty. I'm gonna call Polaris. The financing and warranty was what made me pull the trigger now instead of waiting. I even showed him the website and they still wouldn't honor it. Freaking crooks!!!

Old 01-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: stvdman
My dealer here in Alaska knows all about the no/no/no and 30 month service contract ($50 deductible on work done). Got me signed up for a Polaris Card to take advantage of the no/no/no (that card is where the ATV is bought on and where you get the deal) I will make my payments and probably pay the bike off within 12 months anyway so its a good deal for me.

I hate when dealers dont honor stuff like this. Maybe they are really ignorant to what is available or just plain IGNORANT.
Did you get any paperwork on the extended warranty?
I bought an 06 800 a couple weeks ago to take advantage of the extended warranty before the deal ended at the end of the year. My dealer knew of and made it a point to let me know about it............anyways , i decided to look for somekind of paperwork about the warrany in the bunch of papers from the sale ,and there wasnt anything .Just wondered if you recieved anything.
Thanks

Quick Reply: 3 New Polaris ATV's