Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

3 New Polaris ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 New Polaris ATV's

Originally posted by: awdowden
Oh my god, please chill out. You sound like you're trying to start a rebellion to storm Polaris' fortress and burn their board-of-directors at the stake. I have a strange feeling that if you had bought a Honda and not a Polaris you would be in the Honda forum stirring up all this smoke because your Honda dealer couldn't remember how to put your new Foreman into reverse.

You definitely see more 'good ole boy' type Polaris dealers than say Honda or Yamaha, I'll give you that. But that's because 10-15-20 years ago all the major motorcycle dealers refused to pick up the Polaris line because of their ridiculous "design flaws" like CVT transmissions on an ATV. Well times have changed, and Polaris has become a major player in the ATV industry. There are still some old dealers out there that probably don't meet your 'big city standards' but stop judging an entire manufacture by a few dealers that need to get organized. Get out on the internet and you'll find people complaining about the exact same things you are about Ford and Chevrolet too. When a company has as many customers as Polaris does you're definitely going to hear a lot of BS. But if Polaris dealers as a whole were really as bad you say they are, I don't think Polaris would have gone from "joke" even 10 years ago to "benchmark" today. And before you get all huffy and puffy and say Polaris isn't a benchmark... Copying is a sign of flattery and Polaris has been copied more than anyone in the last 10 years. The real proof if is the Polaris customers... Most of them are repeat buyers, and if EVERY Polaris dealer was THAT BAD they would switch brands.

As a whole, I would say Polaris dealers are more educated on general industry knowledge than the other manufacture dealers. I mean come on, Polaris dealers get to ride all the competitors’ machines on Polaris' tab! Most Polaris dealers can actually tell how you how a Sportsman 700 compares to a King Quad, and not because they read it in Dirt Wheels but because they actually rode both. Your average Honda/Yamaha/etc dealer has ridden what they sell and that's it. Ask them some questions, they prove it. "Don't buy Polaris." Why? "They are junk" Why? "Um..." and that's about as far as your product comparison goes. If you’re lucky, they have read Dirt Wheels and quote a few lines for you about how the Magnum isn't the hot ticket on a motocross track.

I just need to stop reading these forums, I get too fired up. I apologize in advance.

That was beautiful man!

Old 01-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JjEjFjf
Originally posted by: awdowden
Oh my god, please chill out. You sound like you're trying to start a rebellion to storm Polaris' fortress and burn their board-of-directors at the stake. I have a strange feeling that if you had bought a Honda and not a Polaris you would be in the Honda forum stirring up all this smoke because your Honda dealer couldn't remember how to put your new Foreman into reverse.

You definitely see more 'good ole boy' type Polaris dealers than say Honda or Yamaha, I'll give you that. But that's because 10-15-20 years ago all the major motorcycle dealers refused to pick up the Polaris line because of their ridiculous "design flaws" like CVT transmissions on an ATV. Well times have changed, and Polaris has become a major player in the ATV industry. There are still some old dealers out there that probably don't meet your 'big city standards' but stop judging an entire manufacture by a few dealers that need to get organized. Get out on the internet and you'll find people complaining about the exact same things you are about Ford and Chevrolet too. When a company has as many customers as Polaris does you're definitely going to hear a lot of BS. But if Polaris dealers as a whole were really as bad you say they are, I don't think Polaris would have gone from "joke" even 10 years ago to "benchmark" today. And before you get all huffy and puffy and say Polaris isn't a benchmark... Copying is a sign of flattery and Polaris has been copied more than anyone in the last 10 years. The real proof if is the Polaris customers... Most of them are repeat buyers, and if EVERY Polaris dealer was THAT BAD they would switch brands.

As a whole, I would say Polaris dealers are more educated on general industry knowledge than the other manufacture dealers. I mean come on, Polaris dealers get to ride all the competitors’ machines on Polaris' tab! Most Polaris dealers can actually tell how you how a Sportsman 700 compares to a King Quad, and not because they read it in Dirt Wheels but because they actually rode both. Your average Honda/Yamaha/etc dealer has ridden what they sell and that's it. Ask them some questions, they prove it. "Don't buy Polaris." Why? "They are junk" Why? "Um..." and that's about as far as your product comparison goes. If you’re lucky, they have read Dirt Wheels and quote a few lines for you about how the Magnum isn't the hot ticket on a motocross track.

I just need to stop reading these forums, I get too fired up. I apologize in advance.

That was beautiful man!
I AGREE!! VERY well written!
~MT

Old 07-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Lets be big guys. The Polaris promotion was 2 years extended service contract or the rebate. You said you ask about the warranty after the sale. I am sure you saved $1500.00 on the price of your atv from Ritchie Power Sports. If you wanted the service contract you should have said something first before the end of the deal. I am sure all that was on your mind was to buy the atv as cheep as you could. It never fails. Everyone wants their cake and icecream free. I purchased my Sportsman 450 from those guys and I had a great experience. I would highly recomend those folks to anyone. It might not have been full of gas, but I saved enough money to buy several tanks of fuel. I like the salesman he was not pushy. I told him what I wanted he gave me the price. I drove down and picked it up and that was the price. Good job Ritchie

Old 07-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

wow i remember when this topic was new...
welcome to the forums.