Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Where should Polaris be going in the Future?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where should Polaris be going in the Future?

Polaris has been the king of innovation for a while. Most all other brands now offer the same or similer options as Polaris. Where do you think Polaris should be going to get back on top of the ladder of being exclusive?

Old 01-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

big bore EFI SRA machine with 27's and a dual range 5 speed and optional torque converter tranny also with dual range. I'll be waiting...

Old 01-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

oh yeah, forgot one very important item, QUALITY CONTROL! Polaris should concentrate on producing a quality finished product, reputation means a lot in this business.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

i whole-heartedly agree. as a buyer who has been EXTREMEMLY burned (see other post) they need to work on their QA. i think i'm going to go ot another brand until they do...

however, i'd say an all-aluminum EFI 600 twin cylinder dual overhead with a 12k red line. put that motor with a tight ratio six speed in the predator frame. you do that, and no one else will sell a sport quad that year. i promise.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

If they want to keep up with the competition: Mexico.

you asked.

Truly? A better handling frame geometry. Yamaha and ATK are already cornering this market with aluminum, but almost nothing outperforms the original 250R/400EX chassis geometry. That's what they should focus on next. And a 450 class racer.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

i'll buy into that... anyone know about an ATK's Reliability/Quality Control?

Old 01-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Zerowick hit onto something here. the Quailty Control is TERRIBLE!

Polaris may have been (past tense) INNOVATIVE but now it's all copied.....and guess what? the competition is building it WITH QUALITY!

http://www.northeastatvers.com/forum...php?board=35.0 just read about all the un-happy Polaris OWNERS! just read our own Forum here and see ALL the problems. i wonder where Polaris will be in 5 years if QUALITY doesn't dramatically improve.

anyways, they need lighter weight ATVs. and from what i've read about different frame designs it can be done at very little expense.

~MT

Old 01-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

So it seems that so far it's not so much as bigger and faster. We seem to be satisfied with the performance for the most part but not the overall quality. Or am i way off the track?

Old 01-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ncriderforks
So it seems that so far it's not so much as bigger and faster. We seem to be satisfied with the performance for the most part but not the overall quality. Or am i way off the track?
between the late 90ties to early 2000 Polaris had it made in the utility class! a GREAT Sportsman for a great price........and no other Mfg could compete with it's IRS, full floowboards, true 4X4 (extreme mudding capabilities), disc brakes f+r, and on and on and on!

if memory serves me correctly, then came the Grizzly. a zesty, high powered, IRS ATV that came in around 600lbs. Polaris lost a few customers there!

then in the last 2-3 years the copy-cats came on strong. Polaris lost more sales.

NOW, Polaris takes it's TOP selling ATV (Sportsman500) and makes it completely unreliable- a face flop, an embarrasment!.. and they raise the damn price well above the competition! it's not a good value anymore..

YOU TELL ME where you think their focus should be?

it was VERY difficult for them to overcome their BAD rep in the 80ties and early 90ties.............and now it seems like the customer can expect to get to know the Service Dept very well all over again!

it isn't right. the competition is fierce these days and the intelligent public won't tollerate a poorly constructed ATV plauged with problems.

multiple visits to the Service Dept with a BRAND NEW ATV is not my way of finding "THE WAY OUT".

~MT

Old 01-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Polaris guy. But I have to agree. This ain't no excuse but alot of companies are having EFI problems. I think Polaris Jumps the gun sometimes. It runs great, pulls great, rides great, lets mass produce. But after they make it the reliability isn't there. They always seem to get better but until they make it to last, they lose the market. Then the process starts all over again. Overall the carb models are still pretty good, or so they have been in my family. I'm still a little scared to jump into the technology of fuel injection and computers and crank sensors and stuff. Should I be? They will all be that way before its over I guess.

Quick Reply: Where should Polaris be going in the Future?