Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Beware: NO free upgrade to 4 wheel EBS on X2

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware: NO free upgrade to 4 wheel EBS on X2

I finally looked at and rode an X2 today. I liked it alot and will buy one when the 4 wheel EBS comes out. The dealer was nice, but not at all knowledgeable. Long story short, in follow up to a previous thread here, at my request dealer called Polaris on dealer line, Polaris said (as we know) early release X2's are 2 wheel EBS and 4 wheel EBS will be forthcoming.

BUT, Polaris also said new X2 front ends will be completely different, 4 wheel EBS models will be more expensive, and upgrades will be at customer expense and REALLY expensive.

I sure am glad I had them call and didn't count on what what had been said on this forum about free upgrades. Caveat emptor.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

thought it was to good to be true

Old 01-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

You have to watch out for the BS on the Polaris forum.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thank-you for the heads-up GuitarPicker!

Old 01-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

BUT, Polaris also said new X2 front ends will be completely different, 4 wheel EBS models will be more expensive, and upgrades will be at customer expense and REALLY expensive.
Depends on what you consider "REALLY expensive". Upgrading should only involve replacing the front drive unit. The wiring harness is already set up for it and nothing else needs to be changed.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: gunman457
and BS from other places too.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
Originally posted by: gunman457
and BS from other places too.
You got that right.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GuitarPicker
I finally looked at and rode an X2 today. I liked it alot and will buy one when the 4 wheel EBS comes out. The dealer was nice, but not at all knowledgeable. Long story short, in follow up to a previous thread here, at my request dealer called Polaris on dealer line, Polaris said (as we know) early release X2's are 2 wheel EBS and 4 wheel EBS will be forthcoming.

I sure am glad I had them call and didn't count on what what had been said on this forum about free upgrades. Caveat emptor.
i hope you know what you're talking about,if not i would go choke the dealer that told me that; i was wondering about that so called kit to make them 4-wheel ebs.bs. wayout, out, "lifes good " p.s. i just read a thread posted x2 where sp6004x4 who says he's a dealer says polaris will offer the " kit " to make the later releases 4-wheel ebs at no charge.. go figure, as usual we'll have to wait and see!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Range Rover

i hope you know what you're talking about[/quote]

All I can reiterate is that (1) the dealer called Polaris while I was there and (2) he told me that's what Polaris said. It doesn't make sense that he would misrepresent what Polaris told him when the net effect is to reinforce my decision to wait for release of the 4 wheel EBS to buy.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

p.s. i just read a thread posted x2 where sp6004x4 who says he's a dealer says polaris will offer the " kit " to make the later releases 4-wheel ebs at no charge.. go figure, as usual we'll have to wait and see!!!!!!!!
Polaris will not offer a "kit" to make the conversion, free or otherwise... Once the 4-wheel EBS is released, your dealer will have service parts available you can buy and use to convert your 2-wheel EBS to 4-wheel EBS.

Quick Reply: Beware: NO free upgrade to 4 wheel EBS on X2