Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Quit complaining about the freakin belt warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Quit complaining about the freakin belt warranty.

People need to learn how to read. The belt warranty is a LIMITED LIFETIME BELT WARRANTY. Key word LIMITED. They state this in everything they advertise about ther warranty. Your dealer has the right to decline your warranty. Here is the warranty facts!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Limited Lifetime Belt Warranty
2001 to current year Polaris ATVs, Rangers, Polaris Professional Series, and Sportsman 6X6s carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty on drive belts. To qualify for this belt warranty policy, the owner must follow the recommended maintenance schedule with their Authorized Polaris Dealer. The belt itself must be deemed defective using the guidelines given to the Polaris dealer by the manufacturer of the belt and Polaris Industries. This warranty will not cover belt replacement due to operator error, normal wear, or belts that fail due to lack of proper clutch maintenance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like a car if you CANT provide maintenence records they can deny you for anything. Most dealers will honor the warranty (within reasonable time) because it is good customer service and they can figure out a way to get it under warranty. I am a mechanic for toyota and if a customer comes to me with a blown motor at 25,000 miles and expects it to be covered under warranty they better have records of oil changes. Plain and simple! I dont see why the fuss about a stupid belt warranty when it is in writing plain as day. It s a freakin $30 belt and most of us go with an aftermarket belt anyway. How much clearer does the warranty have to be? There are guidelines on anything that has a warranty and if YOU cant prove those guidelines then thats your fault not the dealers.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

That's why the belt warranty is BS.

Old 01-31-2006, 08:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The warranty is BS because people cant follow the guidelines? So if you buy a new car your not going to maintain it because you think the waranty is BS?

Old 01-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Oh man, I better go out and change my oil so my belt doesnt have a blowout.

Old 01-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

The warranty is BS because of this:

This warranty will not cover belt replacement due to normal wear

It's like saying you have a lifetime warranty on brake pads, but not if you use them rofl

I think mine on my 01 Trailboss is starting to slip a little on take-off. I guess i'll be trying to find someone to replace it under warranty within the next year.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Limited Lifetime Belt Warranty
2001 to current year Polaris ATVs, Rangers, Polaris Professional Series, and Sportsman 6X6s carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty on drive belts. To qualify for this belt warranty policy, the owner must follow the recommended maintenance schedule with their Authorized Polaris Dealer. The belt itself must be deemed defective using the guidelines given to the Polaris dealer by the manufacturer of the belt and Polaris Industries. This warranty will not cover belt replacement due to operator error, normal wear, or belts that fail due to lack of proper clutch maintenance.

In other word's, YOUR SOL.
What maintenance can be done to it. Blowing it out? Big deal.
I would like to know what the guidelines given to the Polaris dealer by the manufacturer of the belt and Polaris Industries are. They just want you to bring it to the dealer so they can charge you for something else. And I also use to be a mechanic for Saab years ago, and I do see Polaris's belt scam is BS. BTW, Lifetime doesn't mean you get the first belt then your SOL after that.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 06LimitedPred
The warranty is BS because of this:

This warranty will not cover belt replacement due to normal wear

It's like saying you have a lifetime warranty on brake pads, but not if you use them rofl

I think mine on my 01 Trailboss is starting to slip a little on take-off. I guess i'll be trying to find someone to replace it under warranty within the next year.
Hey 06LimitedPred,
I know what you mean. Your damed if you do and your damed if you don't. That's why I would feel better if they didn't have a warranty on it. Like I said before, It's just a big sale's Scam. I can't see why 2manytoys can't see that. I just think he need's to take off his Polaris blinder's.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So when you buy a car and the brakes wear out because of normal wear you should get it covered, or your tires wear out because of normal wear it should be covered? No dealer puts a lifetime warranty onbrakes. Get real! The belt is a wear item and you cant expect the belt to not wear under abnormal conditions and 90% of these quads are not driven under normal conditions. Normal wear is a worn belt not shreaded or broken!

Gunman there is maintenance you need to do to make sure the belt wears properly. Clutch alignment, cleaning, freeplay etc... It is not worth argueing with someone that is clearly 100% against Polaris because any chance you get you have something bad to say about them because you had a bad experience. How the heck can you go through 2 clutches in 4k miles if something was not wrong? There are plenty of OLD polaris atv's out and running on the origional clutches without a problem. I think most of the complaints you have are bogus. Ma ybe not but I have never known someone to have as many problems with thier scrammy as you. And the scrammy may be the most reliable quad they have but in your case just about anything that can go wrong has gone wrong. Thats BS!!!

Old 01-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say just take care of your own maintenence and replace what's needed when it's needed. I only resort to warranty on anything when I am 100% sure it is a defect and if the part(s) are expensive. I wont take anything in for warranty if it only costs $10-20. I can make sure it gets done correctly by doing it myself. They shouldnt even state anything about the belts at all. Being a service manager for Sears Repair for 10 years I understand that belts aren't covered. However there has to always be that one in 100 case that the customer needs to be taken care of, even if it comes out of our pocket. Great customer service is the ability to carefully listen to every situation and do the very best you can for everyone with minimal loss of profit.
I have to agree that Gunman tends to be more pessimistic than optimistic from what I've read. Not that there's anything wrong with that, maybe just from having a little bad luck with his prior ATV. Just joking with you Gunman.....

Quick Reply: Quit complaining about the freakin belt warranty.