Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

klotz

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default klotz

Read this article that addresses what I am telling you

Sea-Doo and Ski-Doo didn't go with the NMMA, they refused to allow their engines to be set up for potential destruction and recommended to their owners NOT TO EVER USE TC-W3 oils! Polaris bought the TC-W3 sales pitch at first, recognizing an inventory advantage to having only one two cycle oil to be used in their watercraft, quads and snowmobiles. But they soon discovered the same problems many had already found with the TC-W3 oils when used in a sled. Ring sticking, exhaust port blocking and low temperature flow problems. Suddenly all those advantages of the TC-W3 oils they read about from the brochures weren't working out when weighed against all the potential for engine failures! Have you noticed they have now gone back to purely snowmobile developed snowmobile oils? Currently, there are not any snowmobile OEM's recommending the use of outboard NMMA TC-W3 oil, and there is a reason for this. They are not acceptable in today's power-valve equipped snowmobiles! Only oil companies with little actual knowledge of snowmobiles and their specific needs continue to try to sell snowmobilers an outboard oil for their snowmobile...and this is because they have a vested interest in doing so...economy of scale by combining several markets into one and selling just one oil. Beware of these all-purpose oils! Do not fall for their sales pitch!

It gets better.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default klotz

eauro I had already posted that I had ordered the Klotz when you posted not to.
No big its all good.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default klotz

Its not really all good. I read that you ordered it and i am trying to tell you to not use it. Why ask if it is the right oil asking for advice and not listen to people when they show you facts? There are TONS of better alternatives out there so why not use them? Just because I only have 10 posts on here doesn't mean I have no idea what I am talking about. I have been racing cars and riding bikes for about 30 years. I only give advice when I am 100% sure I am right. When your rings stick I don't want to hear about it but at least your oil will smell good.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default klotz

Euro

Well atleast your passionate about it. And when I asked the question I received several post stating that others have used it for years without problems. Your the only one that had a issue with it. I have to weigh the responses to the post and make my decision from there. 1 lone person saying dont use it just isnt a reason not to. I read the article that you mention and it stated that Polaris for several years used TC-W3 oil in there machines. I'm sure my TB from the factory came with it. And as of today is running great. Also the amount of post you have is not a factor.