Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Lock & Ride Stuff any good???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock & Ride Stuff any good???

Anyone here have the new Lock & Ride products that Polaris offers for 2005/6 ATV"s? I'm purchasing a new 800 EFI and need to make some decisions on a windshield, Cargo box/backrest, (Passenger), and brushguards. The Polaris product looks rigid for rear passenger comfort? Just an observation from pictures. Havent actually seen and would value any suggestions, opinions from any of you folks. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

i just have the rear cargo, but its made pretty good, better then my old kolpin one, and its just easy as hell to throw on and use

Old 03-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think you can go on the polaris web site and find their products ive got the book and there is a few good ones

Old 03-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing I have right now from lock&ride is their new low chrome windshild. They make a clear tall and mid height and polaris just came out with this new low chrome or flat black. Its really nice and looks good and mounts really solid. I took it down the road for the first time at 60mph and it didnt even wobble. It did vibrate at idle. Check out my pics of it. My next purchase will be the lock&ride cargo box. I have only seen one new broken lock and ride windshield and that was from someone hitting a branch below freezing and the mount broke.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info. I wasnt aware that Polaris offered their windshields in chrome or dark tinted. Are they listed someplace special? or are they aftermarket? It looks cool on your 800, not to mention the fantastic job you did, creating the new brushguards!!!! You should patent and go into business!! Will

Old 03-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

trailblound does make an awesom bumber on both ends. theres some nice work.

Old 03-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

liam51

The polaris lock&ride windshield in short chrome or flat black just came out in a new polaris brocheure. I work at a polaris dealer so I ordered the first one. The next week our parts guys tried to order some more and they were already backordered. Try the polaris online store or check with your local dealership. Its not in the accesory catalogue or book, but I found it. If your interested I can try to get you the part number.

trailbound

Old 03-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer

Can you attach and unattach the rear lock&ride cargo box when it's full of stuff?

Old 03-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

I have the front brush guard and rear v tube bumper and got them both on in about an hour around my winch. I also borke a bolt so if you get them be careful I managed to bust a bolt. It appears that hardware is only grade 4 or 5 and it's more frigile than you'd think.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

With the rear cargo box, if you can lift it off when its full, it can be removed.

Quick Reply: Lock & Ride Stuff any good???