Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Lock & Ride Stuff any good???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock & Ride Stuff any good???

I have the cargo box and like it. I also have the back rest that attaches to it. It's a little priceyet for what you get but it's nice. Goes on and off in less that 10 seconds. The problem I foung with other backrest/cargoboxes is that they are not wide enough to allow you to take your seat off without removing them first. Thats the way it is with the Polaris combo I have now but its so quick. I wouldn't want to mess with bolts and stuff every time I need to remove the seat.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for all the great info. Those of you with the attached backrest....Is there enuff room for your passenger's comfort? or is it made for the drivers back support. My dealer doesnt have one to look at and I dont want to order it @ $119.00, if there not enuff room for my " Little Lovely". ;-)

Old 03-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer

Liam - It is about 3" thick and probably compresses to about 1" I haven't had my wife on with me yet to try it out. I can also use it as back support when riding solo which is nice. If you have had the "little lovely" on with the cargo box only, and she is in fact little, you should be fine with the backrest. $119 is pretty steep for what you are get though.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info about the cargo box/ rear seat. My dealer ordered one in for me to try out and I decided that it would not allow enough room for my, "Little Lovely", to sit behind me comfortably. I went with a Kimpex box/seat, with a built-in gas can on back. Thanks again, Will

Old 08-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

I bought a seat and made it into a lock&ride seat. You can purchase the expansion anchors by themselves and then figure out a way to attach them to you seat. It makes it nice and easy to remove and they hold really tight. They do cost $17 a piece (at least hear they do, $13.99 online, but with shipping they cost more.)

Old 08-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Range Rover

I did the same same thing with my Kimpex box. Got 4 anchors mounted through the bottom and it works great. On and off in seconds. The other thing I did was drill a couple holes through the fenders so I could stick a socket up through to get at the front bolts of the rack extensions. Only takes a couple minutes now for me to remove the rack extension and put on the rear seat and vise-versa. I also fabbed up some aluminum foot rests that I mounted on the fronts of the rear fenders for my passenger (wife). Bolted through with backing plates on the inside. Whole set-up works very well.