Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Lift Kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Kit ?

I have a 01 Sportsman 500 thinking about putting on a lift kit with 26 inch tires!!!!!!
Whats the pros and cons of having a lift kit and has anyone used this kit --> http://www.tiresnstuff.com/atvLiftKits.html
Is it any good?Will i lose power(tires)/handing ect.

Thanks for any info on this matter!!!!!

Old 03-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Range Rover
Default Lift Kit ?

Well i have asked the same quastion a few times on this forum. From what i have picked up on here, i am gonna lift the front of my quad cause i have a big brushguard and winch. My quad does have a front end sag problem and a guy on here told me he did just the front end and it looked good so thats what im gonna go with. I am gonna just adjust my rear shocks to the tallest stiffest setting. Some ppl on here say that you will kill you axle shafts way faster with a lift, other say they are lifted and they have yet to have a problem. I say modify, far as the tires go i have no clue there. I have 25 inch stock rawhides on my 02 700, but am gonna put 26's on it next month or the month after that. Good luch with what you get and the install and please post how everything went.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Range Rover
Default Lift Kit ?

take a look at my gallery. I have a 2" front lift kit from Highlifter with new Progressive springs in the front & rear. I am running 28" ITP 589s.

In my opinion it is a waste of money to increase your tire diameter by only 1 inch. 26" tires. I did this already, & it really didn't change the look. This is why I went to 28" tall tires.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lift Kit ?

if you want a budget lift... remove your shocks from the strut housing and put a 1.5" spacer (or whatever length you want) in the aluminum strut body (i think 1" pipe is the OD that you need) and re-install hte shock... tighten up the strut.... I don't recommend more than a 1.5" spacer, but thats how a lot of the guys I know have done the lift on the front.