Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Does anyone pull there polaris with a jeep wrangler?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006 | 01:42 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Does anyone pull there polaris with a jeep wrangler?

Just wondering how they handle pulling a single polaris. Mine weighs 719 lbs and my trailer is around 650 lbs. I fixing to trade my truck and i'm looking at a wrangler with the 4.0 5 speed. Thanks for your replys.

jclaude

Old 03-15-2006 | 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Can't answere your question, but had one on the same lines as above. We are looking at pulling two sportsmans on a two place sluminum trailer. The combined weight would be about 2500#'s. The Jeep liberty we are looking to tow it with is rated at 5000#. Any coments welcome.

Old 03-15-2006 | 03:15 PM
Range Rover

The wrangler with the 5 speed will pull it no problem, will actually pull 2 quads no problem. Will wear your breaks down little faster than normal but you should have no trouble at all.

Old 03-15-2006 | 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Someone was selling trailers on one of the other forums designed just for the wrangler. He said that his dad made them. Had pics and all. There trailers came with bigger wheels and the front was higher to accomodate the hitch on a wrangler with bigger tires. It carried 2 atv's and had a pop up camper that was underneath the 2 atv's. It looked sweet. My dad had a CJ7 that I got to use very rarely driving to college. It was a blast. I would ditch my last 2 classes and take it out on the beach. Looking back on it. I think he know I did this, because I would always wash it before he got home from work. And I never got to use it unless it needed to be washed. Anyway I'd like to get one. What color are you looking at. I liked the yellow ones for awhile but kindof over that. The white ones with black nerf bars and large tires rock. I saw one on the internet that I would like to dublicate. Ever see that movie Sahara. They had one that kick butt.

Old 03-15-2006 | 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

I regularly pull my Scrambler on a 5x8 trailer with my 93 Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed. You most likely will have the dreaded 3.07 gears in the Wrangler with that engine/tranny combo, so you will probably never find yourself using 5th gear while towing. If you're looking at buying a newer TJ Wrangler, get one with the Dana 44 rear axle and 3.73 gears. That would make a fine tow rig for one ATV.

The Liberty should pull the 2 ATV's just fine. You may not be able to use overdrive much, but it will pull it fine. I knew a guy who went out to Utah with a Liberty and 2 Sportsmans in an enclosed trailer. I'm sure gas mileage was horrible, but the power is there to maintain highway speeds.

I'm actually selling my Wrangler shortly since I just got a Jeep Cherokee. The Wrangler is not the ideal vehicle for road trips or towing. It can do both, just not very comfortably.

Old 03-15-2006 | 03:56 PM
Range Rover

Ive pulled a a Trailboss and a Trailblazer with my Ranger before. Its 4.0 V6 versus a 4.0 I6. My ranger is a 5spd also. Didnt seem to have a problem at all. Whether the jeep has more or less power i dont know but one trailer and one quad should be no problem at all

PS: My Ranger (aka DangerRanger) has a fast rear end in that i mean its geared realy tall, hope this info helps a lil bit

Old 03-15-2006 | 04:18 PM
Range Rover

I pull 2 ATVs along with a 1100# camper in the bed of my truck. It is a Toyota Tacoma with a 190HP 3.4L V-6 with a 3 in lift and 32 inch tires. You definitely do not get there quick but it will maintain 75 on the highway.

Old 03-15-2006 | 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

When I think of a wrangler I think of it as a second vehicle. Great for the weekend or when the weather gets bad, but for everyday use it would be rough and loud. (all part of its charm)

Old 03-15-2006 | 04:53 PM
|
Trailblazer

What color are you looking at.
I have found a 2001 black sahara with hard and soft tops. 4.0 5 speed. I't will have to wait until i sell my truck though. It shouldn't take to long- ford f250 with powerstrokes sale like hotcakes around here.

Thanks for all the comments everyone,
jclaude

Old 03-15-2006 | 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

I used my Polaris Trail Boss 330 to pull a trailer in a parade. With me driving, and 2 other adults and 6 kids on the trailer, it pulled it fine. If my Trail Boss could pull all of that, your Jeep should pull your ATV on a trailer!

Quick Reply: Does anyone pull there polaris with a jeep wrangler?