Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS

I mentioned this to my dealer this moring. He was suprised to here that Polaris would not cover it under warranty. He then explained to me that when ever a person makes a warranty claim its all up to the dealer if they will fix it or not. He said most of the time Polaris only gets involved is when there is an injury report filed resulting from the damage. He thought it might just be the dealer trying to stick it to you.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

I would complain to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. If enough compliants are filed it might force the manufacture to make a mandatory recall due to the extreme danger of the defect. Keep a watch on this problem on all forums and tell all to file a complaint. Manufactures must take responsibility for the safety of their products, and polaris is no exception! Make sure to document everything and take photos.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Toz
pictures in his e-mail determined that he thinks something hit it. PS there wheels did not fall off. have pic's to show it
Can you post some pics?

Old 03-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Toz
Weekend Warrior

No the dealer is going to fix it free of labor and it was Polaris themselves that denied me. soon as i figure how to get the picture on , you will see the lack of quality on this model. Polaris told the dealer and me personally that i am to pay the tab. the dealer in middletown NY is eating the labor. besides i still have to hire a welder to beef it up to feel comfortable to let my son to get back on it and not get killed on it.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

A friend of mine has a newer (less than a year) scrambler that had a front A-Arm fold up on hime while riding it. The rear weld was there and looked fine but only had penetrated one piece of the metal. There was litterally nothing holding the back of the A-Arm together except the paint. It lasted like this for about a month before it broke. The dealer was skeptical about it and didnt sound as though he was going to replace it as well, but after inspecting the part it was replaced for free.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:47 AM
Range Rover

Just another example of an excellent quality quad from polaris. lol

Old 03-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

seems to be some bad welds on machines, I had a rear a-arm break on my 700 last summer,chinsey weld with no penetration, everyone better check them out.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

i hit a small jump on my 2004 sportsman and broke the right rear control arm off, turned out to be a bad weld.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, I'm a Honda rider, out to fix my friend's quad. I had NO idea the Polaris stuff was this crappy. We make fun of them in the Honda forums, but I thought it was a joke. Now I have to deal with her stupid 425 Polaris bike, that eats pullstarter hubs. Can someone tell me the name of a decent Polaris utility machine so I can give reccommendations? (Her dad's big on USA manufactured stuff, and a decent machine made by intelligent Japanese people wouldn't fly. Quite a narrow-minded mistake IMO.)

Old 04-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

If Polaris made an airplane would you want to fly in it???

Quick Reply: BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS