Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Toz
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS

got my kid a 2006 HAWKEYE. Went to Parogon ATV park with several friends. My son was in the middle of the pack when my friends yelled to him to stop. After getting thrown off quad, we wondered why the back wheel was hanging off the quad, which locked into the shock and bent the upper a-arm and shaft. We flipped the quad up on it's side to find out that the lower a-arm front mounting tab on the drivers side broke away from the frame. It is made up of nothing short of sheet metal. It is so weak, that you are taking a chance of getting your kid really hurt. This quad has 17 hours on it and is 5 weeks old. Polaris told dealer that they would not cover it. From an office in another state through pictures in his e-mail determined that he thinks something hit it. I have several witness's that were present, and they were on the same trails. PS there wheels did not fall off. have pic's to show it.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

that is bull that they wont cover it these things should be able to take a hit from something on a trail. you should post the guy at polaris's name and number i will call him and let him know what i think about it.....

seems like the honey moon is over for the hawkeye there have been alot of negative posts lately..

Old 03-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer

you wats funny, i saw a guy go up to polaris today and tell them bout a broken a-arm on his brand new hawkeye. the guy was threatin to do somthin to the old guy if he didn't fix it, they got the cops up there and everythin, and he showed them the fourwheeler and pics like u have i think, and the state was threatin to shut the place down if they hadn't fix it, but they did and so yeah, just threatin them and give pics. just playin, just fix it ur self this time. but beware and alert for the next time

Old 03-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Jayblazer
that is bull that they wont cover it these things should be able to take a hit from something on a trail. you should post the guy at polaris's name and number i will call him and let him know what i think about it.....

seems like the honey moon is over for the hawkeye there have been alot of negative posts lately..
thats rite, i need name number and address. i got cousins

Old 03-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

I have seen these HAWKEYES up close. Without a doubt the rear A arm mounting tabs are WAY TOO CHEAP!
Polaris better step up and not only fix these at no cost BUT better make them stronger.
If You guys list a name and number we will all call them up.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Can you post the pictures on here so we can see?

Old 03-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you for the warning, i'll be keeping a close eye on mine.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Toz,

Thanks for the heads-up. I will let my brother know to keep an eye on my nephew's Hawkeye.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

That's why I never buy any type of vehicle in it's first year run. Manufacturers always have to work the bugs out the first year and consumers end up being the guinea pigs. It's always interesting reading all the feedback on new released models!

Old 03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Polaris is a sponsor of this site........I hope they have people that look in here time to time, and get this situation fixed! Keep us posted !!!!

Quick Reply: BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS