Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS

not a big fan of flying anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol j/k

Old 04-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its funny out of millions of polaris wheelers sold a few have bad welds on them and now polaris is deemed junk or bad stuff. wow we all better trade to something esle. ive had 4 polaris whitch i do not baby and no breakage yet,must just have got lucky huh.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider

i like the fact that all these idiots think there junk. more polaris for me lol.im on my 4th one also and the only thing that happened that wasent my fault was the counter ballance in my 400 2 stroke

Old 04-01-2006, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by: JimmyHoffa
Ok, I'm a Honda rider, out to fix my friend's quad. I had NO idea the Polaris stuff was this crappy. We make fun of them in the Honda forums, but I thought it was a joke. Now I have to deal with her stupid 425 Polaris bike, that eats pullstarter hubs. Can someone tell me the name of a decent Polaris utility machine so I can give reccommendations? (Her dad's big on USA manufactured stuff, and a decent machine made by intelligent Japanese people wouldn't fly. Quite a narrow-minded mistake IMO.)
Now that you have insulted all the Polaris owners here......do you really think we're all gonna bend over backwards to help you???.......I guess you're not highly intelligent after all.

Fact is........you didn't come in here looking for "reccommendations".......that's a made up bunch of BS.......you came in here because you're a Honda snob and couldn't resist the opportunity to bash Polaris. Go away little troll.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by: Ganggreen
If Polaris made an airplane would you want to fly in it???
Wow.......how insightful. "Ganggreen"......can I take intelligence lessons from you......I'm aspiring to become an appliance repair man.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Range Rover

You dont have to take anything from me. If the extent of your argument is my "screenname" then you win. lol

Myself and alot of other mechanics/riders could bash polaris all day long but there really is no need to. One day you will realize for yourself the legendary quality build polaris is famous for. Its the same reason that Polaris had to pull out of the PWC watercraft market. They just couldnt compete with the other big names and their machines couldnt hold together.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ganggreen
You dont have to take anything from me. If the extent of your argument is my "screenname" then you win. lol

Myself and alot of other mechanics/riders could bash polaris all day long but there really is no need to. One day you will realize for yourself the legendary quality build polaris is famous for. Its the same reason that Polaris had to pull out of the PWC watercraft market. They just couldnt compete with the other big names and their machines couldnt hold together.
(1)If you feel there is no need to bash Polaris then why do you continue to do so?(2)If you've never broken or seen a bad weld on a Honda or any other brand of ATV then you apparently have very little experience with them.(3)Did Honda possibly pull out of the riding mower business because because they didn't hold up and couldn't compete? There could be some things about both of these Corporate decisions that the public will never be aware of.(4) Did your screenname use to be Gunman 457? And last but not least;(5) If you don't like the replies you're getting from the Polaris guys, you are welcome to leave and go ride your tricycle with the rest of the little kids!!!!!

Old 04-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Just came back from the dealer and looked at and asked about this problem. Honest dealer spoke about other problems such as bad CV joints and broken axles - all covered under waranty and not specific to model.

He has not heard of the HAWKEYE weld problem. He did say for a while they were delaying delivery and maybe this is why. I looked at the last one he got in and can't tell by looking. Still would like to see a picture.

Talked to the mech. on the side and he independently said the same.

Side note: I would like the Sportsman 500 EFI and asked about problems there. He has not had any problems. Infact he said he hasn't even had to hook one up to the computer for diagnose as of yet. Says for the extra $ over the HO you get plenty more, I.E. engine braking, bigger tires.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

And on the 8th day God created Polaris

Old 04-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Amen Lurch, Amen. Oh, and welcome brother.

Quick Reply: BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS