Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Should I buy Polaris Phenoix 200

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy Polaris Phenoix 200

Hi All,

I'm thinking of buying a Polaris Phoenix 200 for my son. I like the the fact that it is fully automatic and right now they are selling them for $ 2600.00 for a new 2005. Or is there another brand anyone would recommend. Thanks in advance..

Steve

Old 04-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

i was considering also a polaris phoenix too. though a polaris model i believe its made in taiwan or china? i was recommended by other members here to stick to canadian or usa polaris made. im going to get another trailboss for the kids. its very user friendly. the automatic transmission system in the trailboss is set up so that any rider will not be intimidated. very low torque. low get up and go torque. my parents and grandparents will feel comfortable on it. modifications can be done later if more power is needed too.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for your input...

Old 04-03-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by: la90043
i was considering also a polaris phoenix too. though a polaris model i believe its made in taiwan or china? i was recommended by other members here to stick to canadian or usa polaris made. im going to get another trailboss for the kids. its very user friendly. the automatic transmission system in the trailboss is set up so that any rider will not be intimidated. very low torque. low get up and go torque. my parents and grandparents will feel comfortable on it. modifications can be done later if more power is needed too.
I agree.......plus the Trailboss/Trailblazer machine has been around for a very long time. It's tried and true reliable. The Phoenix is made in Taiwan or China or the Ho-Chi-Min-Trail or where-ever......it's a new model (has it shown its warts yet???) and not built as ruggedly as the Trailboss.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer

I had bought a TB250 for my son, but it is a alot of machine for a 10 year old; however, the youth 90 SPTS are too little and the Phoenix seems to be a good in between with the 4 stroke motor versus what I think is a more powerful 2 stroke on the TB. $2500 is a good price as the cheapest I have found in Central Illinois is 3100.

The TB is a great machine and really scoots even with my big butt on it. The Phoenix seems to be well designed and well built but I am hoping to find it cheaper than $3K.

I just noticed on the TB that is brand new that it is leaking grease out of the rear axle housing. A steel seal is cracked and is letting grease out of the right side and the left side seems to have some leakage going on too.

Anyone have any experience with this being a reoccuring problem? It is of course under warranty and I will let Polaris pick up the tab for fixing it.

Ride safe!

Old 04-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer

Three words for you and the Phoenix....NO, NO, and NO.

Do whatever you have to do to never purchase a Phoenix, I have one and on the first 15 minutes it broke, the last year it has spent 4 months at the dealer getting serviced. They even tried to pull the warrantee saying that when it got out the basic warrantee had expired, it is the worst ATV I ever saw.

I am keeping mine because I couldn't possibly sell it (or give it away) to anyone and feel alright about it.

Since this I have gotten a Suzuki Ozark. It eats trailboss' in agility, traction, and trail riding. LOVE IT.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I think I have decided to let him keep riding the TB250 as he is proving to me he can handle it and ride it within the limits I have set for him.

Thanks and ride safe!

Old 04-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

This is just my opinion. I clearly got a lemon. I am furious on how it was handled by Polaris; I mean they actually justified a 3 month wait for a stator as OK.

It has been at the dealer total of (6) times for various recalls and break downs. The dealer actually told me that they are pieces of sh** made by Aeon and not Polaris. (After I bought it of course)

Be good.
W-

Old 04-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer

I wish I read your email yesturday. I put a deposit down on it... Have you heard of other stories regarding the Phoenix...Now I'm thinking of canceling it..

Old 04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

i bought a 2005 phoenix that was ridden only twice. the first time out it was hard to start and backfired and ran uneven at slow speeds. these were common problems for this atv. i fixed it myself and now it runs perfect with no complaints. all i did was remove the etc switch from the throttle housing and it fixed all of the problems i had the first time out. i even gave it a test with me and the wife riding it together up steep hills. i think they have fixed the 2006 models so you wont encounter these problems. too bad the guy with the lemon does not live close to me i would take his phoenix off his hands for him.

Quick Reply: Should I buy Polaris Phenoix 200