Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

AAEN or RCR. help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAEN or RCR. help please!!

Im sooo STUCK in picking pipes and jets for my polaris 05' trail blazer. I want either AAEN or RCR. Downside is AAEN are all 04's and i dont kno how it will effect my quad or if it will break it. And i cant find jet kits or find out what kind of jet i need for it. And RCR has no real information about there performance pipes and kits. And they dont say what year its for at all. So b asically i want to know Is it bad to install a 04' pipe kit on a 05' and where can i find Jetkits for it and what kind do i need. Im really new to this. And i want to stick with AAEN

Old 04-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

my biggest concern is the clutch kit. I Have seen kits on sites that run for like 140-200$ and the kit for a 04' that the site provides is only 49$. I want to kno if installing a 04' clutch kit they provide will harm my 05' engine if i put the 04' mods on it./

Old 04-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

we have the AAEN pipe and silencer with the clutch kit. it made a big differece in top and bottom end. for jets i think we went 2 up. not sure what kind of clutch kit we have because we got it all in a kit.

Old 04-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer

thats what they told me in a email.. but i dont kno where to order it or find it for that matter. Help? lol

Old 04-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

The kit for the 04' will be the same for an 05' or 03' for that matter. As far as jetting goes, you can get a suggestion on the ball park range for your rejetting and then i would do it all manually myself to find out where it runs best. All you have to do is gun it for about 100 yards or so and then quickly shut it off and take the spark plug out and from there on you should be able to tell if its lean or rich.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

I know if it were me trying to decide on whos parts to buy I would read a few of these forums and see who gives out all the free advice and info on ATV connection
I'll give you a hint ........IT'S NOT ANYONE FROM AAEN..............

Old 04-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing to think about on choosing pipes is the sound.Aaen pipes have a tingy dirtbike sound where the HPD and RcR have a deeper sound.
Aaens customer service is good and helpful but not as good as RcR.

Trending Topics

Old 04-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

The 04 and 05 250's are the same. IF jetting and clutching are concerns with the pipe you should give us a try. www.hotseatperformance.com Our pipe kits come with proper jetting and inthe instructions it list the proper clutch kit part# too. We also offer what is called a speed kit which includes pipe kit w/ jets and instructions, clutch kit, and k&n filter you will be on your way after that. OUr pipe performs very well too. No matter what pipe you go with you will need to make some cluthcing upgrades to get the full potential out of you new pipe.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Speedwerx, i know your only trying to help and promote your company but you need to let people decide what brand they want and not what you want them to get. Everybody knows about your porducts and if they ask about your product they'll say it or if they want RCR or Aaen or anything else they'll let you know.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

How am I supposed to know if they know who HSP or Speedwerx is unless I tell them. I see you side but you need to see my side as well if you look @ my history you will see I"m not just on here saying but this buy that I help answer alot of clutching ?'s and help keep people pointed in the right direction too. We have our own forum to help answer ?'s people have about our products too. No hard feelings but we pay alot of $ to be able to make posts about our own product too. I've never bashed or told anyone not to buy anything unless I knew 100% that it would not work too.

Quick Reply: AAEN or RCR. help please!!