Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

front and Rear bumpers on a SPortsman

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front and Rear bumpers on a SPortsman

are they worth the 170 bucks for them? how many owners opted for them? I dont care about looks more of utility and protection.

thanks!

Sorry for the newbie questions

Dathan

Old 04-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

I would not ride with out them. I know they have saved body work more than a couple of times.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Dathan,

I have a SP. 700EFI. I installed the front bumper brush guard and the double tube rear bumper on mine. I love them. It gives me a place to grab a hold to lift or slide the front and rear of the quad. Also, I've been jammed into rocky areas where my sons have had to grab ahold and either steady or lift her. Added benefit, if you hit something, you skate or only bend the metal. Lots better than buying new plastic parts which can add up in price.

My humble opinion also as a newbie, Gary.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Range Rover

They do offer some protection. I have the double tube bumper on both of our sportsmans. I can't say they are the most durable but they do pretty well. My bride bumped into a tree with hers and the only damage was a couple of grooves where the steel bumper bracket hit the plastic bumper. Hardly even noticeable. I put them on the front mainly to keep the brush from chewing up the plastic. Hope this helps.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer

Great thanks all! I am super stoked about my Quad, I just did not want to get it all gawdy......

I think I will get them.........

no do i get the brush gaurd in front or the double tube? what about rear?

Old 04-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Range Rover

Check out the pure polaris website. They have good photos of what the various brush guards look like on a few different models. I feel it is a wise investment considering what youve already spent on a new ATV. Check out my photo page...I opted for the tubular style. I like them because they seem pretty rugged and protect the front end and both exhausts.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

I have them on my sportsman 400 and they are pretty strong. I got rear ended by a rancher and it bent his racks clear back to his steering stem and my double tube rear bumper just got a few scratches on it.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer

yea have have been all over polaris's site, the brush gaurd in front and prolly the double tube bumper in the rear...

Old 04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer

Mine have saved the plastic several times. Once I got highcentered on a really bad mud pit and my sister-in-law was winching me out and she winched me right into a tree. If I had not had the front brush guard it woud have really got into the plastic. Only thing it did was bend the area in front of the headlight. I was able to bend it back and it's hardly noticeable. Here's where I bought mine. At the time, they were cheaper than the dealer. I've not bought from them in a while so I haven't checked their prices. http://stores.ebay.com/BreeseLawnGar...Q3amesstQQtZkm

Old 04-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Range Rover

Check out "Polaris Sportsman bumper" on ebay, good deals and they come up for bid all the time.

Quick Reply: front and Rear bumpers on a SPortsman