NGK Iridium Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NGK Iridium Plugs

to tell you the truth,you don't really need an high output spark plug
unlees you got an hotter cdi box and stator,even in ours race mods 400
we still use standard br8 or br9 ES spark plug,i known HPD recommend those stronger plug
with their
ignition kit upgrade.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have the iridium plugs also, and the racing power wires. The place to check this stuff out is WWW.CLUBPLUG.NET

Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

?????????????????????

Old 06-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

watzupdog,

My post quoting a URL for Mystery Oil woz in response to a previous post by lukester as follows:

Thu June 01, 2006 6:00 AM

ThumperDriver,

Why do you put Marvel Mystery Oil added to gas?

Old 06-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

ThumperDriver,

Thanks for the info. in the URL for Mystery Oil - good stuff.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lukester,

You're most welcome.

I've used this product added to the gas tank only in both my quad and lawn tractor from new for sometime now and both fire up/run good after months of standing idle. This product is NOT a fuel stabilizer but an upper cylinder lubricant ... Some will say modern day oils negate the use of these types of products but if it just stops the carb from sludging up it's well worth the couple of bucks for a bottle in my books.

Happy Trails,
ThumperDriver

Old 06-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Re Iridium Plugs:

Installed a Denso Iridium plug in my TB 330 earlier today due to my local AutoZone not carrying the NGK equivilant, this now appears to have been a blessing in disguise as unbeknown to me at the time the Denso actually has the smaller electrode dia. @ .4 mm compared to the NGK's .6 mm plus it appears it has other features that make it superior in all other areas bar one (service life!) to the NGK see: http://www.spark-plugs.co.uk/pages/t...park_plugs.htm

Early days obviously but first impressions are easier starting, fired straight up on the choke within virtually the first couple of turns of the starter after having been left standing idle for a couple of weeks, as for riding def. felt improved throttle response wise with the idle smoothed out too.

Denso quote the following re regapping:

Q. Do I need to set the gap?
A. Generally, no. The DENSO Iridium Power plug comes pre-set with a protective sleeve over the firing end, to protect the gap from accidental alteration. DENSO Iridium Power’s ultra-efficient firing power compensates for normally recommended gap settings that are smaller than the pre-set value. In the cases of vehicle modifications (nitrous, turbo-chargers, super-chargers, high power ignition systems, etc.), some adjustments may be desired. Or, if you prefer to remain consistent with factory specifications, you may adjust. However, please be careful not to place any stress on the fine center electrode during adjustment. You could accidentally break off the very hard, and therefore brittle, tip.

I noted the spec. of my IK20 plug (equiv. to NGK BKR6EIX) quoted a factory set gap of .044 in. so duly regapped it to suit my application @.036 in. but as quoted above doooo be very careful as the electrode is mighty thin & brittle and at 12 odd bucks a pop obviously can make for an expensive dud plug!

For finding/cross referencing plug #'s see: http://www.densoiridium.com/find_part.php

Next project is installing an EPI Pink Primary Spring... when it arrives!

Old 06-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

Great review.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Range Rover

Great plug I run them in my sleds and quad, my quad starts great in the cold sometimes I don't even need to choke it. My buddy had an Iridium plug in his CR 250, and for some stupid reason took it out and put the regular plug back and it fouled out on the first run. They are a great plug for 2 strokes because it takes alot to foul them out, they are well worth the money.

Quick Reply: NGK Iridium Plugs