Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

NGK Iridium Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NGK Iridium Plugs

Hey, i have put the new NGK Iridium plugs in my quad and my Ninja and I am very impressed with their performance. First, the plugs have a very tiny electrode-which fires with less resistance and with a larger flame kernal than copper or platinum plugs. The results of that is an incredibly smooth idle and great throttle response. I actually had the idle rpm's go up 100rpms on my bike just from putting the plugs in. That means no skipping and a better burn of the fuel. The quad starts on the first revolution of the motor, instead of turning over a few times before catching, and yes, my plug that was in it was a brand new ngk-v-power plug and i can tell the difference. Just thought i would pass on this info-ngk and nippondenso websites have some good info on the technology. I bought mine for $7., seems to be an excellent investment.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

I totally agree. I've been suggesting the Iridium NGK plug in here for quit awhile, ever since I switched. I can tell that it perked up my TB250.... I was looking at getting my kids one for there SP90. But where I got mine from dont carry them no more and cant even order it... I'll have to get one for it off the net, but your right it is well worth it.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

hey ricknzep where did you pick yours up at

Old 04-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Ok I'm sold. But which Iridium NGK plug do I use on my 03 Trail Boss 330? I get good info here but would want to verify the no. because you know the head ache one could have with the wrong plug.

Thanks for understanding,

Lukester

Old 04-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Lukester
Ok I'm sold. But which Iridium NGK plug do I use on my 03 Trail Boss 330? I get good info here but would want to verify the no. because you know the head ache one could have with the wrong plug.

Thanks for understanding,

Lukester
someone will point you in the right direction otherwise your computer is a great tool

Old 04-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

I actually ordered them from sparkplugs.com, they were 6.95 plus 8. for shipping. Good service, they emailed the tracking number right away. I don't trust my local dealer -Ronnie's- they advertise on the top of this website. They always get me the wrong part unless it is oem. The part number should be almost the same as conventional ngk-just with ix at the end, my plugs for the polaris were BKR6EIX.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

There right. Just put and IX after the E on the plug. Heres the web site. They have a place where you can search under year and model for the NGK.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...420&country=us

Hope this helps. If you get one, be sure and let us know how it works. I got mine from Oreillys auto. My local store doesnt carry it anymore but I've called around and others do.

Did a search for your Trailboss 03 and they was showing from 2004-2006.. Click below.. If your old plug matches up I'd go for it.....

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/apps/at...id=361&type=ir

Old 04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, got it. BKR6EIX just like you said. With an .036 gap for my ride (03 Trail Boss). Looks like they come with an .030 gap.

I went to Partsland.com and found my plug then went to NGK but you guys beat me to it. I'm going to try this. It's time to change my plug anyway.

Thanks for the heads up!

Old 04-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Bought one at NAPA today. They said to take care when gapping because it's brittle - like the plantnum type plugs.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Ricknzep. Did I read that right. You had to pay $8 for shipping and the plug was only $6.95

Luke, glad that you got yours. Let us know how you like it.

Quick Reply: NGK Iridium Plugs