Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman X2 Vibrator.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman X2 Vibrator.

Originally posted by: MILKMANZ
I finally got to ride it over 60km/h today. Since the Secondary clutch was replaced, the vibration is much better now but it is still noticable. I wonder if having the clutch out of balance for so long might have bent the input shaft in the transmission. They also put a new belt on when they replaced the secondary. At least the shake is bearable now, so I can at least ride it for a while before I take it back in.
I don't think that the shaft would be effected by the imbalance.

You should take your belt cover off and while running watch the shaft FLEX when you giv it gas and the clutch moves....The shaft flexes a lot and might be about 3/8" movement! I was in shock when I first saw this "FLEX" but there is not any vibration from it that I can feel.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

Thought this thread was about some new accessory/attachment for the ladies who ride on the X2s.LOL

Old 06-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

Fireslayer - I never thought of that. Maybe they intended it to vibrate to get more women to buy thier products. It's just a clever marketing ploy after all. Does that mean I bought a girly quad?

2beers - Shaft flexing?? I'll have to check that out sometime. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi,

I got my X2 in Feb 2006, and i'm experiencing the same problem.
It dd that from day 1 too. I have about 500-600 KM on it.
When I went for my first oil change they visualy inspected everything and said it was ok.
I'm afraid to go faster than 50-60 km/hrs with this guy because it vibrate very bad.
My previous quad was a Sportsman 500 Ho 2003 and it didn't have any of these vibration.

I also have a problem with the second seat, it unclip from it's position when i'm riding for a while.
The cause is the small piece of metal with bearings that slide down with the vibration, the temporary fix was to screew it in place.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Fireslayer - I never thought of that. Maybe they intended it to vibrate to get more women to buy thier products. It's just a clever marketing ploy after all. Does that mean I bought a girly quad?

2beers - Shaft flexing?? I'll have to check that out sometime. Thanks for the info.
No, not a girly quad, but a machine with a great option for picking up chicks though.LOL

Old 10-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Trailblazer

Turns out it was the Secondary clutch causing the Vibrations after all. My 6 months warranty was running out, so I took the X2 back to the dealer and told them that I wanted the vibration gone and to keep it for a while until they figured it out. They tried another secondary clutch and now it rides smooth, just like it's supposed too.

The first time they replaced the secondary, they took it off another quad they had in stock. I am wondering if they had a batch of clutches that were not balanced properly from the factory and I happened to get 2 of them.

Anyways, I am finally happy.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, you guys with the X2, how do you like the ride? Does it ride like the typical sportsman smooth nice ride? I was just wondering b/c I will probably get the 800 X2 deluxe this month.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

TTT

Old 10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Trailblazer

The ride on the X2 is not nearly as plush as on our SP450. The X2 rear suspension is rated for 400lbs compared to 180-200 lbs for the single seaters. The front suspension seems about the same as single seat sportsmans, but I would like the rear to be softer for what I use it for. I don't think that I will ever come close to loading 400lbs on the back end. If you are at the dealers, just push down on the back of an X2 then a regular Sportsman and see the difference. The ride is still pretty good, just not as soft as the other's. I have not tried any other X2's so it could just be mine.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ride on the X2 is not nearly as plush as on our SP450. The X2 rear suspension is rated for 400lbs compared to 180-200 lbs for the single seaters. The front suspension seems about the same as single seat sportsmans, but I would like the rear to be softer for what I use it for. I don't think that I will ever come close to loading 400lbs on the back end. If you are at the dealers, just push down on the back of an X2 then a regular Sportsman and see the difference. The ride is still pretty good, just not as soft as the other's. I have not tried any other X2's so it could just be mine.
With that said, I still imagine the X2 will still ride better that other manufactures quads. It just sounds like the pecking order for comfortable rides are:

1st - sportsman single seaters
2nd - sportsman X2 (close behind)
3rd - everyone else

Quick Reply: Sportsman X2 Vibrator.