Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Seriously looking at 800 E.F.I.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously looking at 800 E.F.I.

I have rode both the outlander and the sporstman and I think the outlander is twice the machine. ALOT more power a better ride and more advanced. The BRP dealer that I live close to sells them for 8100.00.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Pastor
Speed is NOT the only factor involved here. Backwoods and rugged performance is more important than all out spped to me. I have heard of a few issues regarding the Bomb. It is a sport/ute where the Polaris is strictly utility. I already have another sport/ute so i am looking for something that has it ALL. I feel the polaris has it. That is not to say that some mods wouldn't make it even better. Speed is NOT everything. I've been there.
Nothing comes complete pastor.. the polaris you will have to mod to get the acceleration and speed comperable. and the bomb you would have to mod to make the racks comperable. its all about whats important to you and what your trying to accomplish. which fits what you need. we have polaris's and the bomb. and depending on whats to be done thats what machine goes..

Old 05-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Poindexter660r
the outlander is actually about 1000 to 2000 more than the sportsman 800
The Outlander 800 retails for exactly the same price as the Polaris 800 EFI. The prices are listed on their websites, see for yourself.

I guess some dealerships might be discounting some machines more than others. In Dallas, both the Pol and the Bomb dealers are discounting these machines about $1000. The Outi comes with a 3 yr warranty. Pol comes with 6 months, so add another $300 or so to compare apples to apples.

It doesn't matter, Pastor wants a pack mule, not a thorobred.

more like a thoromule or a packbred hes looking at the 800's man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Goodsound
I have rode both the outlander and the sporstman and I think the outlander is twice the machine. ALOT more power a better ride and more advanced. The BRP dealer that I live close to sells them for 8100.00.
Uhh....Twice the machine? In what exactly? Yeah the Bomb 800's power is sick...but really there's no way it's twice the machine, the Polaris 800 is fast, as comfortable as a couch and can definitely tow more. There is more to these big utes than power buddy- POWER ISN'T EVERTHING! Ecspecially if Pastor is looking for more of a ute, the Polaris' are built for hard utility type stuff like plowing snow, towing, pulling----The Bomb is not, have you seen it's frame? it doesn't even come with a factory skid plate....just not up to the standards of a workhorse IMO.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

What do factory skid plates have to do with anything? All factory skid plates are garbage. thats why the aftermarket exists and thats why these said aftermarket companies get pre release models of the quads so they have the stuff people are going to buy ready when they come out.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
Originally posted by: Goodsound
Uhh....Twice the machine? In what exactly? Yeah the Bomb 800's power is sick...but really there's no way it's twice the machine, the Polaris 800 is fast, as comfortable as a couch and can definitely tow more. There is more to these big utes than power buddy- POWER ISN'T EVERTHING! Ecspecially if Pastor is looking for more of a ute, the Polaris' are built for hard utility type stuff like plowing snow, towing, pulling----The Bomb is not, have you seen it's frame? it doesn't even come with a factory skid plate....just not up to the standards of a workhorse IMO.

If thats the case than why evan look at the 800,s. If I was buying a brand new machine for " hard utility type stuff" I would definately buy the outty and thats my opinion buddy.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

It's all boils down to what you want to do with the sport utes. I'll tell ya, the bomb 800 is an awesome quad but so is the the Polaris. If you want more features and alot better price, go with the polaris - If you want more accelaration and top speed, the Outy is your choice. I've spent alot of time on both and I chose the Polaris. The bomb handles great and is fast but that's where the bucks stop. I chose the Polaris because it offers alot more. It has the best storage you will find on any sport ute, work lights in the rear, 3 head lights, dual tail lights and dual exhaust, premium rims and tires, plusher ride and great handling, skid plates, beefier frame and suspension, better ground clearance, and hands down- the cheaper of the 2. I got mine for $6,900 OTD and the best deal I found on the Outy was $8600. The only thing the Outy has on the Sporty is lighter weight and more CC's which amount to speed. My friend put a single pipe and clutch kit on his Sporty 800 and can run 72 MPH on GPS now. I have 27 inch Mudlights on mine mounted on ITP type 6 rims and can run 69 MPH down hill. My friends sporty 800 kills me out of the hole though but close to 70 MPH is fast enough for me on a quad that weighs over 800 pounds. He is a within a quad length on the big end of my other friends Outy now and they are even up to 50 MPH. So you ask, which is the better deal ? I think it's a no brainer . The Polaris 800 is no slouch in accelaration . If you have to be the fastest though and money and features mean nothing , go for the Outy.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

I had to post to this just to get it back into the New Topics section. Ah memories...

Fun to look at Pastor's posts then look at what's in the garage.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

So what did Pastor Get? He's on the Bomardier forum saying he's getting the Bomb and on Here saying he's getting the Polaris. Either way, he can't lose- I think the Can Am Renegade is going to be the all around cross country Sport Ute. Polaris on the other hand won't sit back and watch - Wait until you see what they got coming ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's getting better and better for all of us !

Old 05-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Well, my Polaris friends...it was a HARD decision. There were only 2 contenders in my mind: Polaris 800 and the Outy 800. I made the decision to go with the Outy. The reason...? Here it is. I tested the Polaris, the ride was plush, power galore, etc. I couldn't get away from the nagging power/weight ratio. It didn't seem to matter puttering around the dealership parking lot but, what about at 6000 ft. on talus? Also, and I mean NO offense/ disrespect to Polaris owners: the ubiquitous service history of Polaris. Granted, I haven't heard of any major issues with the 800 SP...yet. One dealer recently told me that if it wasn't for Polaris, his guys would be sitting around. Anyway, not trying to diiss Polaris. All of this went into the overall choice. The Outy...is unquestionably the best bike I have ever ridden or owned. Bar none. I was thinking as I climbed on this thing for the first time...total class! It has it all...appears to do it all. I honestly believe that MANY of you will move in this direction before it is over. The evidence is overwhelming. This is the new King Quad! Thanks to the guys here on this great site for enduring to the end with me.