Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Will Polaris answer BRP's new Sport 4x4??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Polaris answer BRP's new Sport 4x4??

Who can say for sure where this thing is assembled, and where it comes from? Sincerely, anyone?
>>>>>>>>>>

The DS250 and Rally are assembled in Tiawan, the Rally uses a Rotax engine the DS250 is a copy of the A/C250 sport bike.

The Outlander and DS models are currently all made in Canada with production moving to Mexico in a few years.

Where are Polaris engines made?

Old 05-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

I wonder if the design/development teams will be changing and if so, is the Renegade the last hurrah from the same guys that brought the Outlander to the market? >>>>

First it's not a name "change" but rather the re-introduction of the Can-Am brand which dominated MotoX racing in the mid 70's and a dirtbike which still holds the worlds speed record for a 125CC dirtbike @ 136 MPH. This is the only "change"......nothing else, BRP has been trying to define itself in the ATV market and decided to bring back a name that many hard core dirbike riders might recognize. Ski Doo, Sea Doo, Can Am etc.....just labels on quality BRP products.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I see that you checked out the can-am.brp.com website history page! What did you think of the story there?

Also, do you think that the Can-Am brand will catch more attention than Bombardier ATV did?

Old 05-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I knew that I was going to get picked apart for that one. Thanks for the information guys.

Old 05-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Also, do you think that the Can-Am brand will catch more attention than Bombardier ATV did? >>>>>>

Thats hard to say, I was unfamiliar with the Can-Am name until a thread came up a few months ago regarding BRP market share and I thought this was BRP's first attempt at off road machines when someone pointed out the Can-Am dirtbike.

It's tough to introduce a new product when names like Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki have been very well established but their timing was about right IMO. When I first started getting into ATV's I saw the Bombardier quads but they all seemed a bit pricey and when I was a kid living in Minnesota I remember all those old yellow ski-doo sleds and my step dad's cousins always saying "ski doo is crap" since they all rode Arctic Cat's. When I went to their website I was surprised at how diversified Bombardier was, I knew about the Ski Doo and Sea Doo brands but didn't realize they dominated their markets with quality products. What sold me on the Outlander was a bit of research I did on BRP, I was familiar with some of their management practices and was impressed with their forward looking business structure. I was totally unaware of Rotax and had no familiarity with the name, again doing research I came away quite impressed.

Hyndai, Kia, Saturn etc. are all fairly recent entries into the automobile market and has taken quite some time for them to become established. Hard to say with Can-Am, remember the Indian motorcycle name was brought back and ultimately failed, different circumstances though with BRP as the Bombardier name is already well established in the motorsports world, the Indian brand was essentially a brand new start up company trying to enter an incredibly well established market. We have to remember that the ATV market has exploded the past 5+ years so there is room to grow.

It seems to me that BRP is going after the Polaris customer rather then the Japanese brands. I think they recognize that Honda and Yamaha dominate the smaller atv market while BRP focuses on the big boys toys.
I mean how long ago was a 500 the largest cc ATV?

Old 05-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

has the looks only a mother would love

Old 05-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Thats OK, you won't see much of it as it's smoking by you on the trails.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raidermike67

>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Thats OK, you won't see much of it as it's smoking by you on the trails.
dont get me wrong i like it, i just dont like the stylings of the front end.
it would be the ideal thing to replace what i have

Old 05-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

>>>>>>>

The sharp cornering on the plastic makes it look a bit unusual till you get used to it. I wonder what it would like with a bit more rounded plastic? If you look at the front for a while it looks kind of menacing. IMO it looks like something from a science fiction movie.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raidermike67

>>>>>>>

The sharp cornering on the plastic makes it look a bit unusual till you get used to it. I wonder what it would like with a bit more rounded plastic? If you look at the front for a while it looks kind of menacing. IMO it looks like something from a science fiction movie.
lol totaly it now reminds me of something from one of those tremors movies

Quick Reply: Will Polaris answer BRP's new Sport 4x4??