Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Will Polaris answer BRP's new Sport 4x4??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Polaris answer BRP's new Sport 4x4??

is that the fuel filler beside the seat

Old 05-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Sun May 07, 2006 7:35 PM (NEW!)

is that the fuel filler beside the seat

>>>>>>

Yes, the gas is in the rear. Keeps the front end weight down.

I was thinking more like Demolition Man or Total Recall futuristic looking.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YellowBlood
LawdogB2,

The BRAND name is changed from Bombardier ATV to Can-Am, not the COMPANY, nor their R&D staff. BRP is the company behind Ski-Doo snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft and Evinrude outboard engines. Now, they decided to call their ATV Can-Am.

If you read their press release, BRP says they feel the Can-Am name is a better fit with their ATV positioning towards enthusiasts looking for more power, better handling, innovation and stunning designs...

I would agree that Can-Am resonates better than Bombardier ATV and to me, it just confirms that BRP will continue developing products in line with the Outlander and Renegade. Maybe a pure Sport 450 quad?

Been lookin 4 that 450 sport for some time meow... probably gonna be waitin 4 quite a while.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider

I like it!
Polaris better do something with the Scrammy soon....

Old 05-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

action shots dont look bad

its growing on me

Old 05-09-2006, 01:58 AM
Range Rover

I've been drooling over it since I've seen this post also. Can we ever have enough Power? Unfortunately it probably will be a big seller and you no doubt will see it going for 9 grand for some time till demand drops off. I just paid $5800 OTD for my new ride and it seems to have more than enough power for me for the riding I do. It's getting the 800 snorkel and a K&N for it's first service. The Renegade would be fun to jump though as long as Can-Am gets the suspension setup right. I heard that the Outlander 800 is too softly sprung in the front, which the same goes for my 700EFI. At this time I just can't justify the 4 grand plus I'd have to cough up for some more power. It would be like donating to the get one foot in the grave sooner fund. Brian

Old 05-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: raidermike67
Thats hard to say, I was unfamiliar with the Can-Am name until a thread came up a few months ago regarding BRP market share and I thought this was BRP's first attempt at off road machines when someone pointed out the Can-Am dirtbike.
The Can-Am name may be unfamiliar to the younger people, but for those of us that remember the dirt bike scene from the 70's and 80's know it well. I still remember how badly I wanted a Can-Am Qualifier. BRP is definitely cashing in on some nostalgia with the Can-Am name. The only problem is the utility oriented quad line-up doesn't seem to fit the name.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

I agree, it’s a step forward and a new model is always welcome but its still basically a stripped down UTE, BRP outlander 800.

I would like to see the scrambler go more towards the pure sport category, refined chassis, lighter 4x4 variety like an Outlaw 4x4.

A Sportsman 800 SS (striped down UTE like the renegade) would be nice....

If they do nothing to the Scrambler chassis at least give us an engine option of a 700 or 800 EFI!

Jim

Old 05-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

AWESOME !!!! This is what I have been waiting for I like it,
it's still abit heavy but I could deal with it and what a name I used to own a 250 qualifier memories...........
Other manufactors will have to step up . I have pretty much gave up on polaris to update the scrammy but it would be nice if they did or put 4x4 on the outlaw that would be cool , the v-force will have to put on a 4x4 also or why would someone even buy one now.

I am not gonna run right out and buy one but will wait and see if anyone else comes out with something (polaris) and hear some feed back on them also. But my hat goes off to BRP they have came along way in a short time in the atv market. Cudos

Old 05-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I actually like the looks of it. It is the first BRP product that I think looks good. THen again, I love how the Arctic Cats look and most people don't. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Polaris is usually pretty good at having a top model in each entry, as long as the market share is there. Sure, we all WANT a Renagade, but who is actually going to BUY one? If there is no money to be made, there is no point to make one.

Quick Reply: Will Polaris answer BRP's new Sport 4x4??