Who does your Tune up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Who does your Tune up?

You can download a parts manual for free at the Polaris website, but as far as a servive manual, ebay is a good place to check.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: buns
Are there any places you can download this manual. The manual I have that came with the bike doesn't go into much detail on anything.
Most come on CD's, like scooter said, you can find on ebay.

For me, anything that I cant find in the owners manual or get easy answers here I would take it to the dealer at that point.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

I do my own maintenance and upgrades. As far as something major like a rebuild or valve job, etc., I know a retired mechanic who works on small engines, atv's, jet ski's.

Anything but bringing it back to the dealer!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah the idiots charged me 75 dollars to tell me my speedometer was bad LOL I already knew that when I took it into them. I told them to stop everything and came and picked my bike up, bought a new speedo and put it in myself. I just didn't know how easy it was to adjust the valves on these motors ?? Also there are a few different types of manuals out I have seen. Which one is the best to obtain if you are going to work on these bikes yourself ??

thanks,

Matt

Old 05-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

the best service manual to get for an atv is the manufacturers service manual. if a polaris machine get the polaris service manual for your particular model and year. people also like to buy the "clymer" service manual that is a reputable company for service manuals

Old 05-24-2006, 05:18 PM

ill do every thing eles but if it comes down to the clucth rebuilds and stuff like that i dont have the tools to do it but if i did id be buying the books and im going to cause alot of stuff that they charge us for is stuff a 10 yr old could (possibley) do so im going to be buyin the books and sayin good bye to the shops unless its something cant fuiger out

Old 05-24-2006, 05:18 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I do all of my own work on all of my toys. Start with simple items and move up. I remember when splitting the cases on a 2 stroke made me nervous. Now, having my KTM in pieces doesnt even scare me.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:25 PM

im really good at takeing them apart but i just got to reamber where the parrts go and not get side tracked but really help to know what your doing and every thing but i got a camrea phone so now i can take parts off one by one and lay them out and put them back on the revers way

Old 05-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

If you have a digital camera, take pictures as you take it apart. Use masking tape or plastic baggies to keep the nuts and bolts marked. I'm sure others have little "tricks" they use when they work on their stuff too.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:30 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

The camera is a great idea trailblazermudrunner! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And the more you take apart and get back together the easier it gets. Its one of those practice makes perfect kind of deals!

Quick Reply: Who does your Tune up?