Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT

wait wasn't the wolverine still more of a utility then?

Old 05-27-2006, 02:31 AM
Trailblazer

I didn't realize they changed the Wolverine. Looks like they are trying to make it more like the Scrambler.

Old 05-27-2006, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

i saw a dyno chart of the kodiak 450 motor making only like... 17hp i think... the Scrambler motor makes around 38 at the crank (28ish at the rear wheel) sorry but as far as HP goes, the new wolverine is kinda a joke. between it and the old one, i'd probably take the 350 since it was a five speed and at least felt pretty quick!

*also, if features was the big deal of this shootout, did dirt wheels mention that you have to be going under 5mph to engage 4x4 on the wolverine? that's the most inconvenient thing i've ever heard of! this is ridiculous. it's ok tho, i'd rather let people buy the wolverine. That way my girlfriend can destroy them w/ my scrammer and when they pull out their dirt wheels and are like, "but it said this one's better" i can laugh.

Old 05-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: ftwflh
The REAL test will be when I run into someone that is dumb enough to have one and we compare in the real world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
been there,,,done that

quite a few times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Trailblazer

The only shootout that i have seen an Amercian ATV win was the shootout between The Kawasaki Prairie 700, Kawasaki Brute Force 650, Arctic Cat 650, Sportsman 800, and the BRP 800. Correct me if im wrong but i remember seeing...

1st-BRP 800

2nd- Sportsman 800

3rd- Kawasaki Brute Force 650

4th- Kawasaki Prairie 700

5th- Arctic Cat 650

And they said that the sportsman was so close to the BRP, that they would have to give it 1.5 place instead of 2nd place.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

The new wolvirin is just the Kodiak with differnt plasic.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

polaris allways gets dumped on i hate it. im pretty die hard polaris to be honest with ya theres things i would like changed, but i love my quad, That SOB is more than fast enough to keep up and run off and leave nearly everybody i ride with and still get no respect from the public.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

yeah i wont even buy the mag off the news stand. i keep thinkin that someday they will give polaris the nod but nope. ill read the articles right there in the store to see if anything good will come of it. but it never does. to hell with dirt wheels,,, i mean theres a reason that polaris is #2 in the atv industry. they just refuse to acknowledge it.

X

Old 05-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Trailblazer

I get tired of hearing all this japanese manufacturer buiseness. And it seems like the only thing that dirtwheeles likes and all the other magazines are the stupid 450's. Im mean, who freakin cares about them. why dont they honor the preditor and the outlaw. They have 50 more cc's than the japanese 450's??????

Old 05-28-2006, 05:18 AM
Pro Rider

i hear all the time: "why the heck you buy one of those slow, heavy things?" and all i say back is, "lets run 'em" I've only ever been taken down consistantly by another pred. My buddy's YFZ can get me if i get a bad launch, but as far as i'm concerned the Pred corners better and accelerates harder, so in the long run, he still goes down. it's fun to do that crap and then ride back to the start line and talk for a while. YOu guys know how many times i hear "i never knew those things were that fast!?!" Thanks for that experience DIRT WHEELS.

Quick Reply: DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT