Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006 | 11:00 AM
Trailblazer
Default DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT

I think ita called a renegade

Old 05-30-2006 | 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

yeah, i just got the new DirtWheels issue in about 10 minutes ago. And guess what!!!! Scrambler vs. Wolverine shootout. I turned to that page first and guess who won!!!!!. The all new Japanese Wolverine!!!

That just makes me so mad. And i dont care if the renegade will beat the scrambler and the wolverine. Thats no match!. An 800 vs a 500.

Old 05-30-2006 | 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

Dirt Wheels must hate polaris!!!

Old 05-30-2006 | 08:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Actually, if you read the article, they said quite a few nice things about the Scrambler. I think it is more just a way to entice Polaris into upgrading the Scrambler. To bad Yamaha is so in love with that engine. If they would have dropped a more potent motor in there maybe there wouldn't be as much whining going on.

Old 05-30-2006 | 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

My friend got a wolvie about the same time I got my scrambler. He traded in 2 yamaha waverunners for it and stayed with yamaha because thats the only place that would give him a good trade in. After the first time we went ridding together and switched quads he wanted to get his money back so he could get a scrambler I was ready to switch back after 10 minutes because I was bored riding the wolvie. I will say its a nice quad and great for maybe a younger kid but after riding my scrambler it just is not even close.

Like I have stated before there is NO other quad in the same class as the scrambler! Its the ONLY real sport 4x4 avail. Now if polaris would just update it to something like the outlaw with a 700efi I would be happy to get rid of my scrambler for a new quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006 | 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

I've enjoyed following this post...a lot of good opinions.
I was surprised also that they gave the win to the Yam. As most of you've said the points didn't add up for the Yamaha to win. The main point that I'd make is the polaris hasn't changed 10 years. Is this good or bad??? To them it's bad but I'd also figure in the age of their testers. I would assume their young. I also think that whether or not Polaris makes a change should be based on sales numbers. If it's selling like crazy why change it and the editors don't know the numbers. I don't think they should knock the 10 year old machine when it won all the trials.

I would like to see polaris come up with a more 21th century look on the scrammy. I think the BRP looks more modern...weird...I don't know but it's ok in my eyes.

Why not send a bunch of names to DW stating that there reviews are shat! I thought the reviews in the past issue of the outlaw and raptor were off base also. They are two very different machines!

Again, thanks for a good read.

Old 05-30-2006 | 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Why don't they do a review of an Ozark250 and a Grizzly. I wonder which would win???? Speed, handling, ride goes to the grizzly but the win goes to the Ozark because it's red....

That's how screwy it is.

Old 05-31-2006 | 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

LOL, yep, thats just like it is.(cuz its red)haha. I dont like the look of the Renegade. I think polaris just needs to add a speedo on their scrammy. And does anybody like the new BRP name for their atv's? If ya have not heard they are calling them Can-ams now. Sounds crazy to me but thats just my opinion.

Old 05-31-2006 | 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

dirtwheels is the main reason why people get so suprised by polaris , They down play them,They hardly have anything for polaris in there mag,and never have anything good to say about polaris.That is the main reason why we are so unknown and others get suprised when we beat them or do anything they can do but better. Think about it, most people who ride atv's gets dirtwheels, They hear nothing good or nothing at all,so as a result,the polaris's isn't as glorified

Old 05-31-2006 | 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

Whe need to get a picture of a polaris and put in the letters section in Dirtwheels and say something in it like

Dear DirtWheels,
"I know that i speak for many people when i say...why in the heck do ya down polaris in your magazine!????"

Quick Reply: DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT