Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT

Originally posted by: BdweiserRacing8
Whe need to get a picture of a polaris and put in the letters section in Dirtwheels and say something in it like

Dear DirtWheels,
"I know that i speak for many people when i say...why in the heck do ya down polaris in your magazine!????"
That would awesome! How about a bunch of polarii in one pic.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is another suggestion, change magazines. ATVrider and Quad are 5 times better reads than Dumbwheels for anyone over the age of 15.

A year or so ago, ATVrider compared the Scrambler to the 350 Wolverine. At that time, I owned a Wolverine. They named the Scrambler the winner. I didn't necessarily like the outcome, but it was objective, and truthful. These other mags have WAY more credibility in their comparisons.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

The issue in Dirtwheels was the polaris sportman 800 v.s. the outty 800 and Dirtwheels complained about the P800 handgrips are unconfortiable. I rode a 450 and the handgrips are the best on the market to me.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

The reason they said that the grips were unconfortable was because they couldnt figure out anything else to say bad about the sportsman. Am i right?

Old 06-02-2006, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

All I ever here is polaris ATVs are Piles of crapp and break like yugos after a year or 2. What the real story?

Old 06-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Eastside
All I ever here is polaris ATVs are Piles of crapp and break like yugos after a year or 2. What the real story?
I take care of mine as far as changing oil and stuff but I ride the **** out of it hard and jump higher than I should and have only had to replace the rear drive sprocket and chain as a result but my quad is not stock! It has a very high engagement from the aggressive clutch and other mods that put alot of power to the wheels all at once when you punch it. Have not had one problem since I put aftermarket sprocket and chain.

Most my friends have polaris too and no problems. Not saying they are all perfect but they are no longer known for problematic quads. They are very reliable!

Old 06-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer

Ive been thinking about the Scrambler its exackly what im looking for. Im just afraid to buy something form a company that has such a bad rep.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

The key is proper maintenance. The Scrambler is rock solid, they have been around forever. If you look around, it is non-Polaris owners doing most of the complaining. I am nobody, so you can take this for what it is worth. I am not the kind of guy who just runs out and buys something this expensive just because it looks pretty. I compared everything that I could get my hands on before buying. Most of the modern higher end quads will be mostly reliable depending on your maintenance. You read it here all of the time, get hands on as many as you can and decide what features are most important to you and how each one feels to you. I wanted something utility oriented. I work mine quite a bit. I like to go trail riding occasionally and have no desire to jump or burn trails at 50 MPH. Ride comfort was also important to me. My Polaris dealer actually made the deal. He is local, gave the best prices, and has been extremely helpful so far. If I were going to buy a trail bike, it would be a Scrambler. No doubt about it. I don't MX so I don't care about the weight. Usually when I do go trail riding, I spend most of my day pulling sport quads out of the muck. The only Scrambler that I ever pulled out was my brother who tackled a hole that he knew better than to hit. The only reason he tried was because I was there with my winch. Maybe, if you're lucky, they put the EFI on the 500 Scrambler next year. I don't think anyone makes a more versatile quad right now.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LawdogB2
Maybe, if you're lucky, they put the EFI on the 500 Scrambler next year.

That is a great idea Lawdog. If the guy that owns polaris is reading this...Lawdog is right. Put EFI on the Scrambler next year!!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

I went to the dealer today and took a look at the 06 Scrambler. I must admit im starting to lean to the scrambler. How well does the front drive system work i noticed it was called AWD. sounds like you can leave it enganged and still get good hanlding without the wheel hop. If there is going to be a EFI upgrade i will have to wait longer but the dealer told me scramblers are on there way out.

Quick Reply: DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT