Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT

In the shootout in the new issue, the Scrammy beat the Wolverine in 90% of the catagories and was still beaten in the end????? Usually, doesnt the quad that is better in the tested areas win?

Old 05-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Thats just one of the reason I cancelled my sub. to Dirtwheels..Yamaha biased and to many 450's on the cover..like the 450's are the only big bore quads being sold!..I havent gotten a D.W. in 2 months..have they stopped putting 450's on the cover yet?

LOL..Yeh right!

Old 05-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: heatseeker8
Thats just one of the reason I cancelled my sub. to Dirtwheels..Yamaha biased and to many 450's on the cover..like the 450's are the only big bore quads being sold!..I havent gotten a D.W. in 2 months..have they stopped putting 450's on the cover yet?LOL..Yeh right!
nope they havn;t I don;t trust anything from dirtwheels for the reasons above. remeber how they gave the troy lee bad reveiws and then gave it quad of the year. wtf

Old 05-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The REAL test will be when I run into someone that is dumb enough to have one and we compare in the real world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Range Rover

In the test, the Scrammy destroyed it in suspension, speed and power. It even stated that the scrammy wlaked away from it on the trails. since the yamaha has taller tires and an lcd they picked it as the winner though. Theyre a bunch of morons.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

I think the last time DW ever gave a Polaris a win was in 1999 when the SP500 came out. Other then that they just can't seem to give them the knod. They seem to base all there other test on performance, yet this one is based on features. Give me a break.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

I still get the subscription, and in the June 2006 version, The Raptor 700r beat the Outlaw. I was amazed and frustrated at the same time. I mean, they said that the Outlaw had almost as much power as the raptor, and it only went like 3 mph slower than the raptor, but it handled better and it had irs. And they still gave the Japenese the glory. SICKENING!!!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Range Rover

i was just thinking that someone should do a Scrammy/Wolverine shoot out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

too bad it had to be them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bastosako
i was just thinking that someone should do a Scrammy/Wolverine shoot out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

too bad it had to be them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
ATV Rider did that shootout in the November 2004 issue, and they had the Scrambler as the clear winner.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:10 AM
Range Rover

that was before me getting into atv's like i am now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i should order an issue

Quick Reply: DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT