Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIRTWHEELS SCRAMMY WOLVIE SHOOTOUT

I have no idea about whether the Scrambler is on it's way out or not. That model is too popular to just let it go, they may keep it by another name. Maybe they will replace it with a 4x4 version of the Outlaw? Are you familiar with the Sportsman AWD system? When in AWD the front carrier stays disengaged until the rear slips ever so slightly and then engages (true four-wheel drive) and stays engaged as long as you need it. Then the front will disengage automatically allowing you to easily steer out of that hole you're in. No need to stop and manually engage the locker before you hit the hole and then stop and disengage it to be able to steer the thing out. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Thanx that answered a bunch the dealer explanation didnt make much sense so i had to ask. I am familiar with AWD and 4 wheel drive on cars and trucks just wasnt sure about the scrambler because the rear end is pos all the time. Sounds like alot more sporty than the wolvie standard 4X4 system.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Eastside
I went to the dealer today and took a look at the 06 Scrambler. I must admit im starting to lean to the scrambler. How well does the front drive system work i noticed it was called AWD. sounds like you can leave it enganged and still get good hanlding without the wheel hop. If there is going to be a EFI upgrade i will have to wait longer but the dealer told me scramblers are on there way out.
Yea the AWD is so good you hardly ever notice it. You can switch it in and out of 4 wheel drive on the fly as long as your rear tires are not spinning freely like when doing donuts. I hardly ever use my AWD as the srambler goes though most stuff in 2 wheel drive but if you are climbing a steep hill or see thick mud ahead just flip the switch and then turn it back off when you are past it.

I cant recommend the scrambler high enough. Its the perfect all around quad, unless you are planning on doing MX jumping!

Old 06-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

One more AWD question. When your rears loose grip the front kick in but do the fronts kick off as soon as there at the same rotation speed as the rears or is there some sort of delay system.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:24 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, once your rear wheels get traction again, the front tires kick off