Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Member...snorkle guys please read

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member...finally

Just joined the forum and wanted to say thanks for the awesome topics that you guys have discussed over the years. I love how everyone is into making their bikes better and trying differant combinations of Aftermarket and OEM stuff. Now I have read nearly every Snorkle post on here I think, and am currently designing my own system...would love to read your input. I am removing the air box and rear storage box from the frame. I plan on running the air intake, clutch intake and clutch exhaust straight out the back and up to about 16" from the rear rack. I am than going to fabricate my rear bumper to protect my pipes. I plan on just running the air intake with the K&N and pre-filter (no box). The reason I am going this route is to eliminate cutting of plastics and restrictive bends to get the preferred height. I am sure that this will create a lean condition, right? I would love to hear what all the snorkle experts out their have to say. I will add pics of the install.

Thanks tommyG

Old 06-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Member...snorkle guys please read

I have my snorkles run up the front and pointed forward and it acts like a force air induction and made my 700 run leaner. I think you have a good idea about taking the airbox out just as long as you get the jetting right. I thought about running my snorkles to the back but I'm always doing water wheelies and was afraid they would take on water. Heres some snorkle video's. Heres some snorkle pics.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Member...snorkle guys please read

Thanks Sportsman70003
I like the way you ran yours, I am just not too interested in cutting the plastics. I also don't really have to worry about "water wheelies" , I am trying to make a system that is easy to build and that is just as easy to return to the stock intakes. Just curious, for your system did you go to a larger main jet and did you change the needle position at all.

Great vids by the way!