Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HELP, Scrambler cylinder, Can i use a E-1 on a E-2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, Scrambler cylinder, Can i use a E-1 on a E-2?

cylinder cylinder cyl cyl cyl cyl cyl cyl cyl cyl

Old 06-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

They didnt come out the best, It took a closer look at the cyl and its no wear near as bad as i was told, they dont look deep, just the port edge is the worst. Looks liekill need a 1mm over bore or maybe larger. Let me know what you think based on what you can see from the pics. Also want to know performance mods, I found a place down the road that does bore jobs for 40 a cyl and have been doing bores for like 20years and same guy runs it still. Thanks, Brian

Old 06-13-2006, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry man I couldn't make heads or tails out of those pics...maybe back up a little?

Old 06-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Range Rover

Yea lolI tried all that, Maybe its the camera? I was trying to show the port scratches, I will take to the place later today and see what they think. I see wiseco makes pistons up to 2mm overbore. That should be enough to take that out. Thanks, Brian

Old 06-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would still send it to RCR just me 2 cents, these motors are alittle differnt to set up then most, if they offer to port it I would decline.

I can see what your talking about from the pics and it looks like it can be bored out.

As someone who has ported these cylinders if you have to ask how to take the measurements you shouldn;t be porting it. not trying to be rude(everyone here knows im not) but take a little to much and the cylinder is shot.further more after you buy the tools you will need its so close to the same price as letting, rcr, bubba or others do it.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: conig
i would still send it to RCR just me 2 cents, these motors are alittle differnt to set up then most, if they offer to port it I would decline.

I can see what your talking about from the pics and it looks like it can be bored out.

As someone who has ported these cylinders if you have to ask how to take the measurements you shouldn;t be porting it. not trying to be rude(everyone here knows im not) but take a little to much and the cylinder is shot.further more after you buy the tools you will need its so close to the same price as letting, rcr, bubba or others do it.
Ditto on everything Conig said.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Range Rover

How much are we talking for prices. Cylinder is at the shop for boring right now. Bought a Wiseco piston aswell, It will need a 60 or an 80 overbore, It has been bored 20 already. I really trust these guys. Hopefully everything will work out. Thanks for the replies, Brian

Old 06-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its better to do port work prior to boring for cleanup issues, but you can still do it after its way eaiser this way.

two people I know that will do a port without a bore are. RCR (possible) and Bubba(who perfers a bore after the porting)

rcr lists 230.00 but im pretty sure that is for race porting and trail would be cheaper. Rick will work with you based on your needs and doesn't over charge.

bubba297 is a member of this forum it would be best to pm him becuase he may be flexible as well around 150.00 its his busy season though.

however were getting ahead of our selves here, I looked around yesterday and could not find a one piece pipe/silencer in production for a scrambler(may be an aftermarket pipe for explorer/express) I didn;t look real hard though. Can you take a pic of what you beleive to be changed pipe/carb etc. if you remove your primary spring we should be able to let you know what it is.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Range Rover

Hey, thanks for the prices. Heres the pics, still has stock silencer on it. I know aaen has an all in one head pipe/expansion chamber. I also took a pic of the old head to show the pits in it.pipe pipe pipe pipe pipe head head head head head

Old 06-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

That looks like an HPD trail pipe.

Quick Reply: HELP, Scrambler cylinder, Can i use a E-1 on a E-2?